American visitor feels unsafe in Calgary without his gun

Started by viper37, August 12, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Canadians and Americans are basically the same. There, I said it. Can we all get along and sing kumbaya now?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:28:13 PM
Canadians and Americans are basically the same. There, I said it. Can we all get along and sing kumbaya now?

You mean Canadians are virtually the same as Americans but they live in a sub-par climate and talk funny.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Oh, like Minnesota  is known for its wonderful weather (and accent for that matter :P )
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:18:58 PM
Sorry but I don't have ready access to a gun. I already pointed out that I'd need to get one first.

You live in the one place in the US that doesnt allow its citizens ready access to guns.  How sad for you.  You must be beside yourself with worry.  How do you cope?

crazy canuck

You will be singing a different tune if you ever get sick in the US without insurance coverage....

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:38:13 PM
Sorry but I don't have ready access to a gun. I already pointed out that I'd need to get one first.

You live in the one place in the US that doesnt allow its citizens ready access to guns.  How sad for you.  You must be beside yourself with worry.  How do you cope?
By being black and thus assumed to be packing :D

crazy canuck

Also, HVC, I was at the Stampede this year and made it through just fine without a gun.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:38:13 PM

I've lived in more than one place. Besides there are average citizens with guns in NYC.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

You will be singing a different tune if you ever get sick in the US without insurance coverage....
ya, that don't like poor sick people and have a weird thing with guns, but we push around flatened bowling balls and call it a sport. Everyone has their quirks :D

garbon

Quote from: HVC on August 14, 2012, 01:41:35 PM

ya, that don't like poor sick people and have a weird thing with guns, but we push around flatened bowling balls and call it a sport. Everyone has their quirks :D

Poor sick people have options - it's called the Emergency Room.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:39:52 PM
Also, HVC, I was at the Stampede this year and made it through just fine without a gun.
I live in toronto, the apparent gun crime capital of canada. Maybe i should get a gun to protect myself :hmm:

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 01:42:46 PM

Poor sick people have options - it's called the Emergency Room.
i thought you still get billed for emergency room services.

crazy canuck

Last I checked a Curling stone didnt cause any deaths (although I havent actually seen BB curl) or cause people to go without medical care.

I prefer our quirks.

Besides we can go anywhere without a gun...

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 14, 2012, 01:44:14 PM

Last I checked a Curling stone didnt cause any deaths (although I havent actually seen BB curl) or cause people to go without medical care.

I prefer our quirks.

Besides we can go anywhere without a gun...
see, you're tenacious and stubborn... just like an american :hug: :D