News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I really appreciate how the game ran smooth like butter in 1.5 at speed 5 but now with 1.8, the in-game tool tip tells me that my computer is not fast enough to run even speed 4...

edit: there seems to be some evidence from their tech support that this issue doesn't occur for those who have the AoW dlc. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

I don't know where you got your anecdotal evidence, I've seen the contrary argued: that the performance issue is linked to 1.8, whether AoW was installed or not.

Josephus

So thinking of getting back on this horse. Haven't played in a year or so. Are the two newer DLCs worth getting?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2014, 03:19:43 PM
So thinking of getting back on this horse. Haven't played in a year or so. Are the two newer DLCs worth getting?

Wouldn't play without them.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on November 02, 2014, 03:15:36 PM
I don't know where you got your anecdotal evidence, I've seen the contrary argued: that the performance issue is linked to 1.8, whether AoW was installed or not.

It was mentioned by AndrewT.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Drakken on November 02, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

and they're not all inclusive, right? I could get AoW without the WoN one?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2014, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: Drakken on November 02, 2014, 03:25:58 PM

and they're not all inclusive, right? I could get AoW without the WoN one?

yeah they are modular. you can just pick the ones you want.

garbon

There is a hotfix up that supposedly fixes lag issues. It looks like the cause of the issue was uncovered by a p'dox fan.

Zoupa

Yep. These days we pay for the privilege of fixing the game. Fun!

garbon

Good news is that game does seem to be running faster now. Oddity though is that tooltip still says my year old computer is too slow to run at speeds 4/5 and that they'll be the same as speed 3 - which just is patently untrue as speed 5 runs through the days way faster...:hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on November 04, 2014, 06:46:40 PM

It is either that or not get games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2014, 08:51:09 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 04, 2014, 06:46:40 PM

It is either that or not get games.

One of the reasons I stopped buying Paradox games.  Or pretty much any other computer games, too.

jimmy olsen

:o

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?814200-Ubik-officially-loses-his-mind%22

QuoteUbik officially loses his mind?

Apparently it's official. This post is not a joke.

According to legitimate portuguese sources (namely publico.pt, a leading portuguese newspaper , and game-specific magazine website called Bgamer.pt)

Code:

http://bgamer.sapo.pt/index.php/noticias/article/15734-produtor-de-videojogos-portugues-internado-por-problemas-mentais

and

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/carlos-benavente-processa-medicos-que-o-internaram-a-forca-e-o-deram-como-louco-1675130

Ubik was declared mentally insane and forcefully retained in the psychiatric wing of the Hospital Egas Moniz for 71 days, after which we was "released" and treated outside the hospital.

Apparently this story is now related to the fact that he his suing the hospital & doctors for wrongdoing and hiding the report based on which this was based for 6 months.

There were 7 different doctors confirming is mental state, which are saying Ubik is living some sort of fantasy and believes in a, and I quote, "vast conspiracy involving (Ubik's) family, public health authorities and doctors from two different Lisbon hospitals".

Apologies for not translating the articles now, but I don't have the time now.

What do you say?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Seems like that might be better placed in our magna mundi thread, if placed at all. :P

Josephus

Just noticed you can cross from Scotland to Northern Ireland without getting on a boat. :huh: Is this new?
Civis Romanus Sum