News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Georgians are only good for wine-making and stealing the accomplishments of Armenian artists.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

I broke my hiatus from gaming and tried out the expansion as Portugal.  It was interesting to try to find the new world.  It was more distant and so expansion down Africa was the order of the day until I got range to the New World.  Then I realized I had been an idiot when found that conquering 5 native provinces would have given me instant range.

Not sure I like the feel of this now.  I have very little to build and nothing to convert since all my vast overseas territories are being governed by colonial rulers.  All I really need to do is keep their need to have rebellions befow 50% as I turn them into cash cows.  I dont even have to worry about having a navy large enough to patrol my overseas possessions.  The colonies do all of that.  All I need to do is dominate the western european node.

I did have the fun of naming the 13 colonies Lower Canada but, and I hate to say this, it seems Paradox has gone down the MOO3 road and all the decisions regarding colonization has been removed. 

Queequeg

Spanish Viceroyalties in the New World;
Central America-Tacostan
Northern South America-Cocania
Argentina and Chile- Tierra de Grandes Culos
Peru and Bolivia-Potatoes
Cuba- Buenos Sandwiches
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Has anyone ever been able to match actual Spain's colonization rate without going in to massive debt? 

Queequeg

Also why aren't there colonial companies in African and Asian colonies?  I wanted to play the V.O.C and go 17th Century Weyland Yutani on Asia.  :(

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2014, 12:57:29 AM
Has anyone ever been able to match actual Spain's colonization rate without going in to massive debt?

Yes.You should plunder the Aztecs and the Incas.They should have at least 1000 gold.And also you should colnize max 4 provinces at the same time.

Solmyr

Spain kinda went into massive debt colonizing all that shit.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on January 17, 2014, 06:05:20 AM

Spain kinda went into massive debt colonizing all that shit.

No castille went into debt fighting in the netherlands, italy, north africa etc.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

So...consensus is PI should have left well enough alone?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2014, 09:34:58 AM

I like the concept.  Its the delivery that is problematic.  As always, after a few patches this will probably be worth it.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 18, 2014, 09:44:10 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2014, 09:34:58 AM

I like the concept.  Its the delivery that is problematic.  As always, after a few patches this will probably be worth it.

Hopefully.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Hungary won it's war with the ottomans and sent an offer freeing the byzantines, the ottman thought it was only a few provinces, it turns out hungara managed to get all of greece from albania to constantinopolis released.

One of the players had the good sense to ask if he could perm the Byzantines, of course I said yes... The Purple Phoenix Arises.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PRC

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1784-Paradox-Announces-Europa-Universalis-IV-Wealth-of-Nations

Paradox Announces Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations

by
Petra_Pdx
Published on 27-01-2014 14:12  Number of Views: 252 
New Expansion Adds Privateers, Trade Conflicts and Trade Companies

STOCKHOLM — January 27, 2014 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games that practices fair trade, and Paradox Development Studio today announced Wealth of Nations, the second expansion to Europa Universalis IV, the award-winning empire building game for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations will bring several new features to the game, focusing on trade, including the ability to secretly provoke trade conflicts, hire pirates to steal goods from your competitors, establish the East India Company and create a bustling trade capital for your nation. With several new possible ways to direct the wealth of the world into an empire's coffers, Wealth of Nations will serve the needs of every gamer's inner plutocrat.

Cold hard cash is king, may the richest empire win. Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations will be given the (trade) stamp of approval for download from digital portals in Q2 2014.

The expansion will feature:

The Invisible Hand of the Market: You can act covertly to instigate trade conflicts among the competition, stifling income and leaving yourself atop the economic heap.

Seize the Seas: Hiring privateers can damage enemy shipments and cripple their trade, but risks retaliation in the form of open warfare if you are caught.

Capitalize: Empires can designate a specific port as their trade capital, separate from their national capital, and strengthen local trade routes through the use of inland trade nodes.

Monopolize and Mobilize: Form an East India Company and reach faraway trade partners with an unstoppable shipping concern.

Product page:
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/eu...lth-of-nations

Europa Universalis IV is the critically acclaimed empire-building strategy game that allows players to tell their own stories, determining the course of international events as they see fit. Whether a ruler rises to power via bloodshed and expansion, or simply conquers the market and buys out the competition, Europa Universalis welcomes tyrants of all types.

Queequeg

Zanza

Sounds interesting. :)

It should come with dynamic trade routes though as that is a major flaw of EU4 vanilla to me.