News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on September 14, 2013, 07:22:03 AM
Is it actually possible to beat Portugal to Cape Verde? Can't they colonize it right away?

No, they have to get range to get to it too.

Zanza

You can beat Portugal to Cape Verde as Castille. If you get the two first ideas of the Exploration idea as soon as you have enough diplomacy, you can send a colonizer to Cape Verde before 1460.

Anatron

"Aztec gets 'Religious Sacrifices' until 1 January, 1821,
giving the followig effects:
Stability Cost Modifier: -20%
Yearly Prestige: +3.00 "

I think Aztecs will be my favourite nation.  :D

garbon

So I'm playing my first ironman game. Is it the case that if you are last playing ironman that it creates locally a set of screwed up autosaves? I forgot to click on cloud and instead clicked on the local autosave that showed the shield of rebels. Auto-crash.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

I could only play Ironman for so long. The auto-saves on virtually every action that freezes the game for 1-3 seconds each time got too annoying for me to bother with it.  I almost never revert to a previous save during my games and I don't really care about achievements, so it's not that big of a deal.
Yuman

DGuller

Caliga

It could happen.  Ever heard of: karate!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2013, 07:56:55 AM
Ryuku WC completed.  :blink:

The first one was a hack, I believe, when missions were not being counted as part of the checksum.

The second one (legit) is a glorious inventory of current exploits (exiled armies, exiled fleets, and some amazing mission exploits to get a massive cash influx in the beginning and then later to keep stability up) in EU4:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?709144-The-Three-Mountains-A-Ryukyu-AAR/page34

Anatron

ulmont

Quote from: Anatron on September 16, 2013, 09:48:57 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2013, 07:56:55 AM
Ryuku WC completed.  :blink:

Impossible without cheat.

Go read the AAR.  There are some interesting exploits but no editing or other cheats.

garbon

:hmm:

I had a game I tried converting over where I'd reformed Roman Empire. Not wanting to play that (/thinking it'd be boring), I chose one of the small kingdoms on the periphery. Within the first month, the Roman Empire became England.  I guess I need to check on what decisions are available and disable that. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I just figured out the diplomacy system and its limits on relations with x number of countries.
That's dumb.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 16, 2013, 07:55:03 PM
I just figured out the diplomacy system and its limits on relations with x number of countries.
That's dumb.

It is dumb that it took you that long. Now did you figure out how to increase those limits?

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 07:55:39 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 16, 2013, 07:55:03 PM
That's dumb.

It is dumb that it took you that long. Now did you figure out how to increase those limits?
I've only played twice. Never touched the game over the weekend.
Haven't figured out any decent ways to get more no. Seems to be just based on getting a lucky good monarch or ideas (which need dip points to aquire...pff)
██████
██████
██████