And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Anatron on September 18, 2013, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 09:33:41 AM
lol no, Serbia was just the most obvious choice to showcase my point.

As a matter of fact I am sort of thinking that Hungary is a bit too strong. It was already in a serious disadvantage with all the highly decentralized feudalism thing going on while other parts of the world modernised, IMHO it was mostly because of the extraordinary Hunyadis that the country got a window of opportunity to get its shit together. Which it did not, of course.

You are wrong.do you tried playing with Hungary?I did and I can tell you it was hard like hell.I singleplyer you have like 70% chance for collapsing.with or without the Hunyadis, the country has the same powerfule enemies around its borders: Ottomans,habsburgs and the poland.

The only reason why I succed with because I knew what I am doing.Hungary coul have different history too if we would have real leaders instead of bastard nobles.

Yeah but still often what I see is that AI Hungary sticks around until Poland can eat half of it. I have been wondering maybe it needs a Burgundy-like event, it would solve the ridiculously weak Austria thing too.
But it could also go seriously overboard and create uberAustria, too.  :hmm:

Anatron

Hungary is not strong,Austria is too weak. Thats the reason why not Austria controls the area. According my experience Austria starts to fall when he gets the Netherlands.The continous rebels in Netherlands and the overpowered France causing,Austria can not become a strong country like what it was in eu3 or in the real past.

Without a strong Austria, eastern countries can build themself to a strong nation.Orr you can see Bohemia too. In some of the games what I played  Bohemia ruled most of the provinces in the HRE.

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Anatron on September 18, 2013, 10:40:56 AM
Hungary is not a balkan state ...

There's a saying here: the Balkans start in Vienna. These days it mostly refers to the heaps of corruption networks between friends in politics and economy. "A bissl was geht immer." ("A little bit is always possible.")
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Anatron

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2013, 11:41:05 AM
Quote from: Anatron on September 18, 2013, 10:40:56 AM
Hungary is not a balkan state ...

There's a saying here: the Balkans start in Vienna. These days it mostly refers to the heaps of corruption networks between friends in politics and economy. "A bissl was geht immer." ("A little bit is always possible.")

Loool,so the corruption is unknown in the rest of the world.you can not be serious.
:lol:

Syt

There was a major parliamentary inquiry against all major parties for two years regarding a number of government/economy deals that were done by them. The people in question either didn't remember or had themselves excused (or blamed deceased people). The general populace reacted with a shrug (unlike in Salzburg where it appears tax payer money of several hundred millions disappeared in risky financial deals).

Also, a few years ago, it was allowed again by law that public administration clerks accept gifts (up to a certain amount) from third parties, as long as no specific request was tied to the gift.

Not to mention the Viennese police's strong connections to the red light scene.

Also, when German president Wulff resigned over his relatively meek offenses re: bribes etc. the main reaction in Austria was, "He resigns for THAT?" Seriously?"

Oh, and there were the right wingers in Carinthia whose leader refused to resign from being head of that Austrian state, even though he was tried and found guilty by a court for corruption. It took massive pressure from all other parties to even move for re-elections (the Carinthian government party at the time rendered a decision about that impossible for a long time, because they left the parliament every time the vote came up).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Austria is too strong for the HRE, too weak for Europe. It generally succeeds in killing Protestantism in Germany, leaving my precious Calvinist Republic the last bastion of antipopery in my part of the world.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2013, 12:10:51 PM
Austria is too strong for the HRE, too weak for Europe. It generally succeeds in killing Protestantism in Germany, leaving my precious Calvinist Republic the last bastion of antipopery in my part of the world.

In almost all of my games Austria gets bitchslapped around by practically everyone, both in and out of the HRE.

Queequeg

1444 start?

Have you done a Corvinus playthrough yet Tamas?  The Hunyadis are one of my favorite Central European dynasties, thinking about trying it again soon.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

One thing I dont understand in this game.Why Spain never destroyes Portugal?Instead it ally with it.
Thats not logical since every neighbour countries try to destroy eachothers.

Solmyr

They are set as historical friends, I think?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Anatron

Quote from: Solmyr on September 20, 2013, 09:20:37 AM
They are set as historical friends, I think?

Poland and Hungary are also historical friends. In the game they are enemies.

Grallon

Now that my building mod is completed for CKII I bought this last night and fired it up to have a look.  It does seem to have been extensively reworked and streamlined.  I shall have to have a proper look.  But the map suck - the provinces in Europe look like chunks that remind me of RISK.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel