News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6399825/ Video explaining new trade and internal affairs.

Solmyr

Your balkantard thread of the week:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?648357-Culture-spheres-in-Balkans

At least they can all unite in their hatred for Hungarians.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on November 26, 2012, 02:30:21 PM
Your balkantard thread of the week:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?648357-Culture-spheres-in-Balkans

At least they can all unite in their hatred for Hungarians.

this is fucking PRICELESS!

I wish the nazis of my country could read it. Puts their own fixation on our ancient history and general nationalistic bickering into perspective.

Of course that post about Hungary pwning everyone in th region at the time is right :P

Awesome thread:
Bosnian: Bosnia should be Bosnian!
People with common sense: Bosnians are muslim slavs
Bosnian:  there is one document where the ruler of Bosnia calls himself as that. Clearly there were an ancient race of Bosnians inhabiting Bosnia, since Bosnia was called Bosnia!
Serbs: Bosnians were Serbs
Croatian: Bosnians were Croatians who were too hard core to be ruled over by Hungarians

:lol:

Razgovory

There is a reason we coined the term "Balkantard".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

This would be amusing, if one were to forget the cause of the last 129 of the 136 wars in the Balkans.

Tamas

I felt compelled to contribute:

QuoteBalkan topics are awesome.

Fellow East Euros, and other assorted people with a keen sense of national self-worth!
If you are able, take a step back from this thread, or any other Balkan-related thread. Read it again, imagining that you are a Swede, or a son of an other nation not affected by the arguments in it.
What do you see? Honestly.

Yes.

This is why spending a couple of years on this forum was like revelation to me (boy that was some time ago!), and much more importantly, this is why all your different arguments will just cancel each other out, as well as any future arguments of it's kind.

There is absolutely no difference to the outsider between the sides. You (as in the "Bosnia was Bosnian/Serb/Croatian/Hungarian/Hispanian/Martian" crowd) all cite what your elementary school teacher told you (hah), what your own nation's history books tell you. You twist stuff so that your point comes out ahead, you ignore evidences to the contrary, and most importantly, you ignore anything that would not put your own nation as chief big guy / victim on the stage.
And before you ask, yes, that applies to some Hungarian "contributors" of various past threads as well.

It doesn't even matter which one of you is actually right in these debates objectively. It cannot even be determined. Nobody will care. It just seems as a bunch of people with some SEVERE national minority complexes in some desperate struggle to determine who has the biggest dick.

Solmyr

I was tempted to post "Make them all Turkish culture".

DGuller

Well said, Tamas.  :cry:  Shame about that upcoming ban.  :(

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on November 26, 2012, 03:12:40 PM
I was tempted to post "Make them all Turkish culture".

We should start our own thread arguing over whether it should be Turkish or Byzantian Greek  :D

Habbaku

Now they're making fun of each other's English.  :lmfao:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

They did manage to start uniting against Tamas before thread was closed. :P

Tamas

:lol:

They pointed out that my point could be made about any argument, like iOS vs. android.

And they think that actually proves me wrong?  :lol:

Syt

Well, the thread's closed. It's kind of amusing, though, to see how certain Balkantards keep going, "My crappy little country is better than your crappy little country" and are actually willing to kill each other about it.

It's like homeless guys getting into a knife fight about who smells the least of dog shit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I really like the new trade system. Makes playing a merchant republic an interesting challenge.

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2012, 12:36:20 AM
Well, the thread's closed. It's kind of amusing, though, to see how certain Balkantards keep going, "My crappy little country is better than your crappy little country" and are actually willing to kill each other about it.

It's like homeless guys getting into a knife fight about who smells the least of dog shit.

Thread was reopened, and they continue to argue whether someone is Bosnian or not Bosnian. :homestar: