News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

here is the steam notice

QuoteWe reverted the patch back to 1.30.4 due to technical issues.

//EDIT//

The release of the recent Europa Universalis IV update has clearly been a mistake and has damaged a lot of the faith many of you have. We did not expect that this update would corrupt ironman games or significantly affect multiplayer, and clearly it should have gone through much more testing.

We are reverting the Nakama update, so that going forward people will be playing with the version of Europa Universalis IV that was live before this update, 1.30.4.

We cannot, of course, roll back your saved games if you have already had them corrupted by this update. No reversion can undo problems that have already occurred, but can prevent more people from encountering them.

Before we return to the Nakama update, we intend more extensive testing to better identify any additional problems, and will explore the feasibility of a public beta. We apologize for ruining the Europa Universalis IV experience that so many of you have been having.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

All the hours I've put into that game since 2001--I'm gonna ask for a PhD
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

I wonder if she's a Byzanteen.  She does seem to be staring intently at Constantinople. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

We've had a course called Games and History at our history department at the University of Helsinki, and it included Paradox games and others. It's been wildly popular.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 25, 2021, 01:03:19 PM
I wonder if she's a Byzanteen.  She does seem to be staring intently at Constantinople. :hmm:

She is waiting to see if Hungary will accept her alliance offer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2021, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 25, 2021, 01:03:19 PM

She is waiting to see if Hungary will accept her alliance offer.

:perv:

Valmy

Now we know the real reason the King of Hungary led the Varna Crusade.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Curiously, in a poorly received dev diary where Johan also mentioned EU4 is too old for substantial changes, he said this on Hearts of Iron and Victoria.

QuoteMy design-philosophy is "believable worlds", and I much prefer making games like HoI3 and Victoria 2, which are games on top of simulation mechanics. EU4 philosophy was to have some sort of central limitation mechanic which became known as Mana, and that was just too succesful.

Where Vic 3 at?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

I like how he admitted Imperator didn't attract fans from the start:

A dramatic design change for eu4 would be insanely risky right now from both a codebase and a player perspective. If you have basically no players, like we did with Imperator after release, you can take huge gambles.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Watching the Paradox livestream. EU4 will offer a subscription model soon, where you get access to all current and future content for 9.99 or so per month. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2021, 02:15:49 PM
Watching the Paradox livestream. EU4 will offer a subscription model soon, where you get access to all current and future content for 9.99 or so per month. :D

10 a month for such an old game? Sounds like they want this experiment to fail.

DGuller

I would gladly pay $10 a month for HOI4, if they just dropped this DLC nonsense and instead worked on cleaning up that hot mess of a game.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2021, 02:15:49 PM

10 a month for such an old game? Sounds like they want this experiment to fail.

What I don't get is that at that rate you can buy a DLC every or every other month, so there's a good chance you end up paying more in the end.
—Stephen Jay Gould