News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Steam just downloaded another update for EU4 for me.  Nothing on the news feed indicating what it might be. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Anatron

Resinstalled steam and multi available now.Possibiy a today installed not so legal game caused the issue.

Drakken

Caliga

Ah.  Cool.

QuotePatchnotes 1.2.1
------------------
- Can no longer see destination of others shattered retreat using the low morale icon
- Fixed issue with changing side in the war when making someone your vassal
- Fixed chat where player would not show up i chat
- Warexhaustion now gives revoltrisk again
- Border friction is now entierly dependant on how much basetax you border them with
- Unions now end when the subjects dislikes the overlord, as the tooltip says
- Defender of tha faith now gives normal deus vult cb as well

Anatron

Just tried the MP and I can say it looks stable now.

But starting the game is still  problem,we have 2 server crash during choosing countries.

Caliga

Slargos reported that the game was giving him a CTD whenever he tried to load a pre 1.2 save game on this patch, but before I left for work this morning I loaded up my Spain savegame from pre 1.2, and it seemed to work fine and I played through a few months without any ill effects.

Zanza

I noticed one glitch with an ongoing battle after I reloaded a pre-patch savegame. After the battle was over it showed me casualty numbers that were more like Stalingrad rather than some skirmish against natives in the New World.

Viking

Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2013, 04:03:04 PM
I noticed one glitch with an ongoing battle after I reloaded a pre-patch savegame. After the battle was over it showed me casualty numbers that were more like Stalingrad rather than some skirmish against natives in the New World.

Battles are pretty bloody now. Losing a battle HURTS.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

I welcome that change, but didn't see a patch note about it, though in my defense the log was enormous for 1.2. :)

Queequeg

Hungary was released after a period of Ottoman weakness. It is in a PU with Bohemia.  Which is odd, because I did 1579 start so as of 1750 Bohemia has not existed for over 200 years. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Post-patch, no problem taking a huge swath of the Aztec Empire in one fell swoop. :)

I divided it in half, isolating a big multi-province region of the Empire in Central America from the provinces in northern Mexico.  Truce expired, so I'm working on conquest part deux now.  The Spanish province of Mexico is already fully converted to Christianity and I was working on coring a few of the provinces when war broke out, which apparently suspends coring if you happen to be warring with a nation who also has a core on the province.

Anatron

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 09:17:30 AM
Post-patch, no problem taking a huge swath of the Aztec Empire in one fell swoop. :)

I divided it in half, isolating a big multi-province region of the Empire in Central America from the provinces in northern Mexico.  Truce expired, so I'm working on conquest part deux now.  The Spanish province of Mexico is already fully converted to Christianity and I was working on coring a few of the provinces when war broke out, which apparently suspends coring if you happen to be warring with a nation who also has a core on the province.

Nice,so the Portugals become even more faster by expansion. :mad:

Caliga

Oh don't worry, I've also colonized most of Brazil already. :cool:

My colonial empire (and it's 1529 in my game) also includes the Recife region, Demerara, Cumana, Panama, Barbados, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Jamaica, and the Rio de la Plata region.  The Portuguese have a large colony (six or so provinces) around Rio de Janeiro, and have started colonizing in the Antilles.  The French also have Martinique.  That's it in terms of the New World.  The French also have an African colony along the Sahel coast.  Predictably, as with all EU games ever, nobody has bothered with southern/eastern Africa and India.

edit: Forgot, I've also colonized St. Kitts and eastern Hispaniola. :blush:

Tamas

Cal, looks like now colonial powers have a -1000 opinion modifier on giving you fleet-basing rights, so the exploiting of Portugese ports is now over. Which is a good idea.

Caliga

No it's not, because how is Spain supposed to get to Mexico in anything close to the historical timeframe then? :hmm: