News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 25, 2013, 11:49:36 AM
Why can't you just peace the vassal out with everyone when it gets force-vassalized?  Or, just have the vassal join the master's war rather than having the master join the vassal's war?  Seems like two obvious fixes to me.

Maybe but then it should be a big piss off to any alliance members that were gunning for provinces out of your new vassal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

I'm not even sure how this became an issue. You can only force-vassalize an enemy if you are the alliance leader, no? So they should be peacing out with your allies as well.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on September 25, 2013, 12:12:28 PM
I'm not even sure how this became an issue. You can only force-vassalize an enemy if you are the alliance leader, no? So they should be peacing out with your allies as well.

As war leader you can vassalize a junior member of the war from the other side... and the war will continue.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Which is odd, because IIRC this caused the junior member to peace with everyone on your side (since you are, you know, the war leader).

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on September 25, 2013, 12:27:16 PM

As war leader you can vassalize a junior member of the war from the other side... and the war will continue.

He is making a point about how they could have messed this up since the mechanic had been working fine prior to the patch.

Liep

This is definitely broken. Aragon's shattered army retreated across my Tuscany from Apulia all the way to Barcelona through France, my ally. At the same time France had beaten an Aragonese army in Roussillon that retreated to Sicily, they met around Nice. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 25, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 25, 2013, 12:27:16 PM

He is making a point about how they could have messed this up since the mechanic had been working fine prior to the patch.

I was pointing out that the new vassal overlord declares war on the new vassals enemies before the new vassal makes peace with the overlord.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on September 25, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
This is definitely broken. Aragon's shattered army retreated across my Tuscany from Apulia all the way to Barcelona through France, my ally. At the same time France had beaten an Aragonese army in Roussillon that retreated to Sicily, they met around Nice. :lol:

My understanding is that this is indeed what they intended with the design.

:(

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

It can be a good design if your intention is to prevent total wars that lead to total army annihilation, and subsequent clusterfuck that goes along with it.  The winner gets a window of opportunity to get limited gains and peace out on moderate terms, and the loser suffers a setback rather than a disaster.  However, that window has to be large enough, or else you just have much more tedious ping-pongs.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 25, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

It can be a good design if your intention is to prevent total wars that lead to total army annihilation, and subsequent clusterfuck that goes along with it.  The winner gets a window of opportunity to get limited gains and peace out on moderate terms, and the loser suffers a setback rather than a disaster.  However, that window has to be large enough, or else you just have much more tedious ping-pongs.

true

Queequeg

Everyone is becoming Bureaucratic Despotic.  There's maybe 3 substantial monarchies left in Europe. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Which is especially frustrating because my Royal Marriage with France was really important.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

I think Paradox doing something with multiplayer because its not available by me.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on September 26, 2013, 03:12:20 AM
I think Paradox doing something with multiplayer because its not available by me.

have you sent a bug report?

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on September 26, 2013, 03:13:50 AM
Quote from: Anatron on September 26, 2013, 03:12:20 AM

have you sent a bug report?

not yet

Do I need to write on the forum?