News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 11, 2013, 11:02:10 PM
Anybody else getting a weird bug where a country is allied with no one, but then when you go to declare war on it, they're allied with a fuckton of people? I'm trying to take Milan down, but they're allied with the Ottomans and other countries that I don't want to have to slog through. I could take them on, but it'd be annoying.
Coalition?  :hmm:

JonasSalk

Yuman

garbon

Ugh the Ottomans appropriately picked to attack the Mamluks (who are a lesser partner in a union with me) while I was crushing Vijayanagar. Now I have all of my forces rushing back West!

Also, what is a colonial conquest war in the old world? That's what the Ottomans declared with the target of one of the Iraqi provinces.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

Any word on a major patch soonish? I'd like to start a multiplayer game after the first big patch.
Yuman

Syt

I believe the word was end of September?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 12:03:16 AM
Ugh the Ottomans appropriately picked to attack the Mamluks (who are a lesser partner in a union with me) while I was crushing Vijayanagar. Now I have all of my forces rushing back West!

Also, what is a colonial conquest war in the old world? That's what the Ottomans declared with the target of one of the Iraqi provinces.

You have provinces in the Middle east that are considered "overseas" from your capital.  I ran into the same problem after I integrated the Ottomans after a PU.  I wanted to move my capital to Constantinople and steer all my trade there.  But it is an overseas province.   I am not sure how the game mechanic works to determine what is overseas.  For the Mughuls the line is somewhere in the Middle East.

Now my master plan of creating a Muslim Pan Asian trading juggernaught needs a bit of a rethink.

garbon

Does anyone know how they generate the info in the history? I noticed a successful Vijayanagar Conquest of Rajkot even though that's a war where I carved Vijayanagar into pieces.  Then I started a war against the Mamluks when a pretender arose and broke our PU. Oddly that was noted as an unsuccessful war even though it re-established the union.  (And my initial war to form the union when I claimed their throne didn't even merit a mention!)

Oh and how is Byzantium faring for everyone? I repeatedly see it surviving in some combo of Morea/Rhodes/Cyrpus/Naxos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 09:29:14 AM
You have provinces in the Middle east that are considered "overseas" from your capital.  I ran into the same problem after I integrated the Ottomans after a PU.  I wanted to move my capital to Constantinople and steer all my trade there.  But it is an overseas province.   I am not sure how the game mechanic works to determine what is overseas.  For the Mughuls the line is somewhere in the Middle East.

Now my master plan of creating a Muslim Pan Asian trading juggernaught needs a bit of a rethink.

Ah gotcha. Oh yeah, I think they've had a similar sort of divider since EU2. That said looks pretty friggin' ridiculous as a war name...as well as works out silly for Iraq to be an overseas provinces for the Mamluks.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 09:34:55 AM

Ah gotcha. Oh yeah, I think they've had a similar sort of divider since EU2. That said looks pretty friggin' ridiculous as a war name...as well as works out silly for Iraq to be an overseas provinces for the Mamluks.

I think they have changed the mechanic for EU4 though.  I am pretty sure I had games in the other versions where Constantinople was no overseas from the Indian subcontinent.

Anatron

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 12:03:16 AM

Yeah I failed to move my captial to Cairo too as Mughals beacuse the game said its an oversea province.But Judea I can.why?Do I have to create israel if I want to trade in that area or what?!?!?!
Finally I put it on Antioch.(No israel in my Empire!!!)

You can try to put your capital in one of Constantinapole province,if Constantinapole is not allowed.Maybe the closest province of Antioch can be your capital.What sucks if you want play a little history.Why I have to choose a village for my capital if I have a great city under my control?

I had no time try moving the trade to Constantinapole,because I run out of time.Only had time to Capture Constantinapole with 176% overextension then 1821 january arrived :-/

One hint if you can manage your trade to the Constantinaploe area,DO NOT USE ALEXANDRIA!
The fucking europians (especially nations in Italy) stealing your trade.I build up about 2700 trade power in Alexandria and they still managed to steal a lot of money with a small fucking fleet!!!
Use Basra, then they can not steal from your trade.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Anatron on September 12, 2013, 12:12:24 PM
One hint if you can amange your trade to the Constantinaploe area,DO NOT USE ALEXANDRIA!
The fucking europians (especially nations in Italy) stealing your trade.I build up about 2700 trade power in Alexandria and they still managed to steel a lot of money with a small fucking fleet!!!
ou Basra then they can not steal from your trade.

Yeah, I was thinking about routing through basra.  Thanks for the tip about trying another province in the Constantiniple trading zone.  I hope a modder or a patch fixes this issue.

I wonder where overseas provinces start for an Ottoman player expanding east.

Anatron

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 12:16:36 PM
One hint if you can amange your trade to the Constantinaploe area,DO NOT USE ALEXANDRIA!
The fucking europians (especially nations in Italy) stealing your trade.I build up about 2700 trade power in Alexandria and they still managed to steel a lot of money with a small fucking fleet!!!
ou Basra then they can not steal from your trade.

Yeah, I was thinking about routing through basra.  Thanks for the tip about trying another province in the Constantiniple trading zone.  I hope a modder or a patch fixes this issue.

I wonder where overseas provinces start for an Ottoman player expanding east.

Your welcome.

One more thing: what bonus the Captial gives for a province?In Eu3 it gave some bonuses, but in eu4 I dont see anything.

Valmy

Yeah I failed to move my captial to Cairo too as Mughals beacuse the game said its an oversea province.But Judea I can.why?Do I have to create israel if I want to trade in that area or what?!?!?!

Are you trying to avoid 19th century Zionism or something? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Anatron

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2013, 02:18:56 PM

Are you trying to avoid 19th century Zionism or something? :P

Absolutly! :D

Queequeg

Played drunk for a few minutes last night.  The Hansa and I were allied in war against France and Spain.  I was starting to win, but the Hansa offered a peace that gave THE ENTIRETY OF FLANDERS back to Spain.  FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."