News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

One thing I'm not getting-why is it that China seems so unprofitable in my Dutch game?  It looks like the region has seriously destabalized in to rival Cantonese, Han and Manchu factions, and Spain took a chunk of the coast, but I'd have to figure that the production value of stuff like Chinaware would be intense.  Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be any bonus AT ALL for being top Chinaware trader. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
One thing I'm not getting-why is it that China seems so unprofitable in my Dutch game?  It looks like the region has seriously destabalized in to rival Cantonese, Han and Manchu factions, and Spain took a chunk of the coast, but I'd have to figure that the production value of stuff like Chinaware would be intense.  Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be any bonus AT ALL for being top Chinaware trader.

Maybe they're cheap Chinese knock-offs?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Queequeg

Oh, it helps legitimacy. And I'm a Republic.

Really should be more Republic stuff. Hope that's a DLC-expansion of Tuscany, the Netherlands and the USA.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2013, 04:00:35 PM

What nation you started as Dutch?Burgundy?

Queequeg

Anatron

Quote from: Queequeg on September 07, 2013, 03:25:54 AM
Eighty Year's War start.

Start as Burgundy in 1444 is better,you can interrupt the 100 years war and weaken France.In one of my burgundy game (what get lost in cloud, I dont know how) I captured 70 % of France and was on the way to vassalize them.then I could create the Netherlands.

Of course after that I would loose my France provinces,but who cares as long as they are my vassals and if you are Dutch you belong to the HRE.Imagine the power of the Ducth with France as a slave and you become the Emperor.

I think I will start again my burgundy campaign for France-Holy-Roman Empire .  :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Queequeg on September 07, 2013, 01:34:09 AM
Oh, it helps legitimacy. And I'm a Republic.

Really should be more Republic stuff. Hope that's a DLC-expansion of Tuscany, the Netherlands and the USA.

There are some nice mods for Republics in the workshop on Steam.

crazy canuck

Played around a bit with the new economy mod.  It feels like a big improvement by having a number of new commidities and that the supply/demand mechanism works better.

ulmont

How do I move my capital again?  Thinking of bailing from London for Antwerp.

Anatron

Quote from: ulmont on September 07, 2013, 06:50:47 PM
How do I move my capital again?  Thinking of bailing from London for Antwerp.

Choose Antwerp and clik on the crown icon on the province menu.You will need 200 administrative point and must be in peace.

Syt

From the "Serbia is impossible" thread:

QuoteBecause, video games should not be very difficult. Video games are meant to be fun, not hard.

QuoteWho said I was Serbian? More than the schism by the way. Look at what Roman Catholics did to Orthodox in places like Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and parts of Romania, where the only reason they have Roman Catholics are because of how the Roman Catholics acted like barbarians and like the Muslims, threatening to kill them if they didn't convert, or bribing them.

Oh and how about more recent memory? Like how Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina belong to Serbia, yet the Roman Catholic and Protestant nations of Western Europe actively sought with the US to screw over the Serbians?

Or how about now, where the Roman Catholic & Protestant nations of Western Europe are allied with the Turks, the Saudis, the Muslim Brotherhood, the Zionists and the radical Muslims throughout the Holy Land?

Even look at Greece, when it tried to reconquer Asia Minor, yet instead of helping Greece, the West did virtually nothing and in fact, were prime actors in the atrocity of the Population Exchange between Turkey in Greece, when they should have helped Greece finish off the Turks.

QuoteEUIV for me, is simply a game I play as Orthodox nations in order to dominate, and take over the heretics and non-Orthodox. I would never play a heretical nation because it inevitably means I will have to fight against the holy, righteous Orthodox nations and I will be playing a group that historically were heretical, without grace, and little more than barbarians.

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I guess Johan announcing that the patch will have unique national ideas for Serbia wasn't enough for him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 08, 2013, 07:53:11 AM
I guess Johan announcing that the patch will have unique national ideas for Serbia wasn't enough for him.

Well duh, Johan lives in a heretical nation.

Anatron

There is a mode called new economy on steam what changes the trade system.Seems more realistic than the original trade system.Added a lot of new products and realistic prices  (for example cacao what produced in america has very high price.)The mod also added new trade routes what are just fantastic.