And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Neil a bully?

Started by CountDeMoney, August 03, 2012, 11:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2012, 12:28:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2012, 12:23:33 PM
If Meri were here she'd point out that he tries to bully posters on this board because he's completely dominated by the women in his life. :contract:

Thank you for reminding me.

I did say you'd be the one to cry. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2012, 11:58:29 AM
Neil is like Dear Leader:  omnipotent, faultless, and universally loved by all.

It's quite odd when you consider how he became an admin.

Back in the day of course Languish owned the site, and some other Flemish chap was the admin (Inferis?).  Neil won POTM at one point, which gave him mod powers for a month.  Well he did a good job modding so they kept him on.  I can't remember when he got the admin gig - I think when Inferis wasn't around any longer.

The site got sold to Ank, but he kept Neil on.  And now that Ank has essentially vanished that leaves Neil as Dear Leader (though I suppose moldy does have the power to take the whole site down if he wishes).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2012, 12:23:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2012, 12:04:57 PM
Seedy is bullied by Neil constantly (not that I'm saying that Neil bullies anyone, he never does).  Those who are bullied cannot be bullies. :contract:

Actually I think they can. They just have to pick someone else to bully.

If Meri were here she'd point out that he tries to bully posters on this board because he's completely dominated by the women in his life. :contract:

What women? CdM got not women.
The asian chick tied down in his basement doesn't count.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

And Neil might not be a bully, but he is certainly a lying bastard.
He had me convinced all these years he was a conservative, when in a reality he is a friggin liberal.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Liberal?  Me?  Berkut told me that I don't know anything about liberty and freedom.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Who are you gonna listen to, Siege or Berkut?  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Tonitrus

Quote from: Siege on August 05, 2012, 02:36:56 AM
And Neil might not be a bully, but he is certainly a lying bastard.
He had me convinced all these years he was a conservative, when in a reality he is a friggin liberal.

You forgot that he is Canadian.

Jaron

I can't speak much for Neil. I have more history with the boy than most. All the way back to when he bullied me in EU RPG.

The CountdeMoney though...

That is a topic I can speak to with expertise.

We all started posting here in around 2003, and those years were the height of my trolling years.

Why? Perhaps I was bored, or maybe I felt like I was unable to keep up with some of the intellectual conversations here. I could not be a grumbler, or Malthus, or JR so I was determined to stand out in my own way.

I had a great degree of success but it came at such a cost. And that is where CdM comes into the picture.

I remember days of waking up with a smile on my face after a particularly successful yesterday of trolling, only to sit at my computer and exclaim: "Are you FUCKING kidding me? Banned for TWO MONTHS?!"

In a sense it was an arms race. I could step up my trolling, he could step up the punishment but like the Soviet Union to his USA, my sacrifices were painful and his were trivial: It is much harder to wait two months to post again then it is to click a button. I never had a Neil to bail me out of bans like Tim does. I had Martinus for a time but when he stepped down the gloves came off.

In time, I learned to accept my place in Languish and give up most of my trolling. I still crack a joke here and there, but I know my limits and I respect them.

I once quipped that CdM was like a toothless lion nowadays, but I know now this is not true. I think he is more like a returning war veteran saluting his own statue while the public around him enjoy the fruits of his labors while ignoring the fact that it was he and he alone who smashed trolling on this forum and replaced it this nearly depopulated ivory tower we have today.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Your name is Reek. It rhymes with freak.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on August 05, 2012, 11:02:54 AM
I can't speak much for Neil. I have more history with the boy than most. All the way back to when he bullied me in EU RPG.

The CountdeMoney though...

That is a topic I can speak to with expertise.

We all started posting here in around 2003, and those years were the height of my trolling years.

Why? Perhaps I was bored, or maybe I felt like I was unable to keep up with some of the intellectual conversations here. I could not be a grumbler, or Malthus, or JR so I was determined to stand out in my own way.

I had a great degree of success but it came at such a cost. And that is where CdM comes into the picture.

I remember days of waking up with a smile on my face after a particularly successful yesterday of trolling, only to sit at my computer and exclaim: "Are you FUCKING kidding me? Banned for TWO MONTHS?!"

In a sense it was an arms race. I could step up my trolling, he could step up the punishment but like the Soviet Union to his USA, my sacrifices were painful and his were trivial: It is much harder to wait two months to post again then it is to click a button. I never had a Neil to bail me out of bans like Tim does. I had Martinus for a time but when he stepped down the gloves came off.

In time, I learned to accept my place in Languish and give up most of my trolling. I still crack a joke here and there, but I know my limits and I respect them.

I once quipped that CdM was like a toothless lion nowadays, but I know now this is not true. I think he is more like a returning war veteran saluting his own statue while the public around him enjoy the fruits of his labors while ignoring the fact that it was he and he alone who smashed trolling on this forum and replaced it this nearly depopulated ivory tower we have today.
Best. Troll. Ever.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

If only Jaron had control of this ivory tower and he could delete it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

I was waiting to see who would make that remark. :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

It was my tower, My rules.
Winner of THE grumbler point.