News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Am I a bully?

Started by Martinus, August 03, 2012, 01:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

You're not a bully but you make me cry anyway.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

How would we know?

It's a pretty level playing field here in Languish, so the scope for what I would consider to be bullying is very limited.

Your office is different of course. If it is the tea-ladies and the receptionists who were crying then that would be bullying.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 03, 2012, 06:59:36 AM
How would we know?

It's a pretty level playing field here in Languish, so the scope for what I would consider to be bullying is very limited.

Your office is different of course. If it is the tea-ladies and the receptionists who were crying then that would be bullying.

And his boss ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2012, 07:17:05 AM
How would we know?

And his boss ?

Ask Hans.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2012, 05:25:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 03, 2012, 01:55:54 AM
Well?

No, gays get bullied, they can't be bullies; just like blacks can't be racist.

Why can't blacks be racist again?  I keep forgetting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 08:42:46 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 03, 2012, 01:55:54 AM
Well?

Why can't blacks be racist again?  I keep forgetting.

'cause Ward Churchill and Cornell West said so?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

I don't doubt that you'd misuse anyone who you were placed in authority over or had leverage on, but 'bully' is the wrong word.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on August 03, 2012, 04:11:46 AM
No. you may try to be a bully, but aren't very good at it.

Yeah, I can imagine his coworkers taking a dim view of him but not for the reason he thinks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2012, 10:14:05 AM
I don't doubt that you'd misuse anyone who you were placed in authority over or had leverage on, but 'bully' is the wrong word.

I think the proper workplace parlance is "asshole".

Ed Anger

I'd call for a pile on but I think he'd enjoy it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I assume you're pointing out the double standard, but it's true that the necessary compliment to a bully is a victim who whines about it.  Without the whining victim the bully is just another asshole.

alfred russel

How would we know?

Now if he was made a moderator... :ph34r:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2012, 11:43:06 AM
I assume you're pointing out the double standard, but it's true that the necessary compliment to a bully is a victim who whines about it.  Without the whining victim the bully is just another asshole.
As the "CdM bully" thread is proving; Seedy is, at least, not just another asshole.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".