News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cheesesteak

Started by garbon, August 02, 2012, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Though I guess an Austrian butcher might be stymied by a request for ribeye.

garbon

So went to Jim's on South Street and 4th. Crazy big line outside. Got wild and had cheese whizzed as well as American. Was pretty tasty though think I should have got the lettuce and tomato. Without that was kinda like a salt lick..so nearly died when saw man throw salt on his! :D

Other random thoughts:
-South Street area seemed like taking neighborhoods of Brooklyn (i.e. Bushwick, Williamsburg, Caroll Gardens, and BedStuy) and blending them together.
-All the little alleyways are creepy at night.
-Patco stations feel like a great place to get mugged. Pardon trains feel like a great place to get a disease.
-Duchamp room at art museum is amazing! Brancusi/Mondrian's room ain't bad either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

That's cheese whiz, kindle! <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2012, 04:30:31 PM
Did you use ribeye?  I think that's the cheesesteak cut.

And I think you would be better off flash frying it on high rather than sauteeing it.

N, I didn't - I used "normal" lean beef. I think the supermarket butcher should have ribeye; I'll need to check.

Good point about the flash frying vs. sauteeing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.