News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lettow thread

Started by Lettow77, August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quoteintellectual attainment there died in a mudding accident.

Okay, that one made me laugh.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 14, 2012, 06:42:39 PM
I was indeed speaking about the old Japan. Japan today is enormously materialistic! Zeitaku wa teki da has shifted permanently to Zeitaku wa suteki da, and that's all there is to it.  I don't necessarily mind, really. Regarding the South, while it certainly had a sense of luxury, the censure of the newly rich was very much in effect. Who your daddy was mattered for an awful lot- self-made men with a lot of money were secondary figures by comparison to the psuedo-aristocracy.  (And of course, no amount of money could make a black man have real societal standing..)

But uh, Mongers- I give you my word that i'm not the least into that sort of thing, goodness. For the first time in a long time I've been speaking with women I am interested in- all it took was leaving the South.

This point deserves elaboration- When you take a room with 10 random Japanese girls, the quality is going to be significantly higher than 10 random girls from Memphis. First of all, half of the girls in our second sample are black, and thus right out. Of the remainder, two or three are too obese to consider, which is the only thing that precludes me from calling the Memphis singles scene slim pickings. Martin, Tennessee is significantly worse- intellectual attainment there died in a mudding accident.

Excellent, not that I have an issue with people being gay, but that aspect of your writing style was getting a bit stale, and it had gone past the point of plot resolution.  :)

edit:
You know what's weird, this evening I visited an old friend of mine and he was married to a Japanese woman for 20 years before her death, and only now have I thought of him in relation to your interests. 

He might have an interesting perspective on 'West-Far East' love/relationships, and I bet it's not nearly so simple/idolised as some would think. 

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

You know who don't really have a materialistic society?  Berbers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

you missed fried chciken in japan?
i admit ive never been to the us which probally does have mord but....japan is fried chicken land. its everywhere.

random japanese being more attractive than random americans....probally. but not by as much as you may first think
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2012, 08:29:27 PM

They sure do hound you a lot to get you to buy their tours and wares for a non materialistic people.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on August 15, 2012, 09:35:42 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2012, 08:29:27 PM

They sure do hound you a lot to get you to buy their tours and wares for a non materialistic people.

I thought they were nomadic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2012, 09:48:00 AM

They are. They migrate from one end of town to the other, moving with the herd of presumably rich white people.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on August 15, 2012, 09:50:37 AM

They are. They migrate from one end of town to the other, moving with the herd of presumably rich white people.

What town are you thinking of.

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2012, 09:52:05 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 15, 2012, 09:50:37 AM

What town are you thinking of.

I'm not really serious, but Marakkesh and Fes.

Razgovory

You really get around, don't you?  What do you do, deal in arms?

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2012, 09:56:14 AM

Its worse than that. Insurance.

HVC

Quote from: alfred russel on August 15, 2012, 09:59:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2012, 09:56:14 AM

Its worse than that. Insurance.
So you're the guy they send to rough people up when the payments aren't made? Nice gig if you can get it :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on August 15, 2012, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 15, 2012, 09:59:54 AM
So you're the guy they send to rough people up when the payments aren't made? Nice gig if you can get it :P

:ph34r:

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Lettow77

With the greatest care, I am trying to create a playlist for the trip to Martin. It will be a defense of my musical taste and a chance to please those I care about while sharing something so private and personal as one's musical taste-  the music I listen to I exclusively listen to by myself, so this is a rare opportunity.

The confirmed list thus far is here-
Joujou Yuujou
Bad Bad Leroy Brown
Tabi no Tochuu
Running Man
Always the Cause
Joe the Georgian
A League of Notions
Naked Man
Kizuna
Birmingham
Back on my Feet Again