News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lettow thread

Started by Lettow77, August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Hello languish! The museum of the phoenix hall at Uji has wonders to move someone to tears; I had endless amounts of fun wandering along river banks, and somehow forget to eat in the midst of it all. Kyoto is old and full of wonders. I may soon go to the mountains to stay briefly with Buddhist monks as a pilgrim- I wonder how much they enjoy life. I should like to see for myself.

Never doing much of anything, I have done a great many things recently, and currently content myself with an endless supply of warm drinks- Yuzu-and-honey flavoured tea at the moment is particularly exceptional.

I am sure there is something to be said for the gentle culture apparent in The Wind in the Willows and Winnie the Pooh, that addresses the reader so knowingly and warmly while gently and indirectly exhorting all who would listen against hurrying or having a sense of self-importance.

Just now I am dreaming of the vanished central asia; of turkic folk and tea, pastoral life and tapestries. The auspicious conjunction is somewhere, and I am certain it has tea. The riddle that eludes me is mormons, who have clearly grasped happiness yet deny tea openly. Where is the explanation? Does the junction between denial of tea and self-satisfaction truly exist?

Every time I try to think of rejecting passions, my passions sing to me and let me know how much happiness there can be. I am pleased to let them run their course, while not dismissing entirely the notion of self-regualtion, but am captivated by the figures of Javert or Minister Frollo- where do hatred and the black and white worldview lie in relation to the yukkuri and endless relaxation?

It would seem that Southerners knew violence and hatred while also enjoying the idyllic existence- certainly I cannot continence the rejection of in-group out-group thinking. But how can it be amicably wedded to calm? The very notion of hatred suggests something cannot be tolerated, and thus demands some sort of action.  Passions seem to attack the gentle world of mercy and beauty that I would live in, and I am not sure that casting them away is necessarily to the good.

It turns out I shall once more have a cat this fall. I look forward to giving it my sincere affections.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Solmyr

This thread was right next to the Gore Vidal one and I read it as "Lettow dead".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM
Every time I try to think of rejecting passions, my passions sing to me and let me know how much happiness there can be.

To have your anal cavity pummeled to the point that it's as inflamed as a cherry blossom?

Lettow77

Sexuality is an uncomfortable subject, but there is much and more that I find noble about submission to someone else. The word is rightly made more of hierarchies than equalities, and I see nothing unantural in thinking yourself inferior or superior to even someone held in dear regard. The subordination of your own passions and comforts to the pleasure of someone else is a beautiful thing and I am happy that humanity is capable of it. Sexuality in which both are aroused and desirous is less commendable than a situation in which one accedes to the others wishes out of duty and love.

Maidens should be yielding, not wanton!

Grinning_Colossus

This thread has brought Languish one step closer to becoming a zoo for creative writing exercises. I applaud this development.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Solmyr on August 01, 2012, 05:12:48 AM
This thread was right next to the Gore Vidal one and I read it as "Lettow dead".

You are not alone.
PDH!

Razgovory

You know, just the other day, I was wondering if you were dead.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2012, 06:51:22 PM
You know, just the other day, I was wondering if you were dead.

I figured he got his dick stuck in one of those square watermelons. He thought the melon was a captured runaway slave and he passed out and hit his head and bled out.

Squee.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Uji is on my list of things to do for my obon travels, I'm to start at wakayama (after some osaka/kobe time) then go through the kii mountains and up to nara and uji.
Sadly the kii mountains railways seem to take forever so I'll only have time for the westernmost sights in one day :(

Hey, if you're still around Tokyo next Tuesday my friend is leading an event for gay jets in Shinjuku二丁目. I'm sure you can join him and get your submission on.
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Hi Lettow.
How is it going?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Lettow77

Life goes great- every day is exciting. I am always very hungry and tired, and have lost a big ole basket full of weight, but I will make up for it all when I get back to Tennessee with a return to the idyllic life of oversleep and overeating.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on August 01, 2012, 08:27:02 PM
Hi Lettow.
How is it going?

This post has a suspicious "timed detonation" vibe to it.

Lettow77

Today I only had some kitsune udon, but even so, I could not finish it, nor keep it down. I don't particularly feel sick, but I have almost no energy. I am not too worried, because there is still unlimited green tea, and life remains a gentle dream. The sun pulses, my back and stomache sweat from my travel baggage, and still I can only smile at how pleasant it is to tump over and relax under a tree while thinking of where I will go to next.

For tomorrow, I will try to avoid grains and eat some meat and fruit- I think I should like to go to Nagoya, having heard pleasant things about its maid cafes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 02, 2012, 07:00:43 AM
For tomorrow, I will try to avoid grains and eat some meat and fruit- I think I should like to go to Nagoya, having heard pleasant things about its maid cafes.

Jacob

Tyr and Lettow, did either of you go to Uji yet?