And we're back!

Main Menu

Lettow thread

Started by Lettow77, August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2012, 05:05:09 PM
That's a relief; there is nothing worse in a relationship then shinsengumi incompatibility.

Would you date a woman who drank wine out of a box?

I hardly see how a girl being a cheap date is a bad thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 10, 2012, 01:30:50 PM
ah, what a relief! The Japanese maiden who loved the Shinsengumi- I read a book on them, and then cross-referenced with her previous comments. Her favourite shinsengumi is my favourite as well, the tragic consumptive figure Okita Souji. Good, good! It is not that ogre Serizawa..
I knew that you would love Okita.  A sickly romantic swordsman seems right up your alley.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

CdM's Steve Dallas reference confirms his awesomeness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2012, 08:31:26 PM
I knew that you would love Okita.  A sickly romantic swordsman seems right up your alley.

You know my tastes as well as anyone on the forum, for sure. A sickly romantic swordsman is more or less as good as it gets. His final interlude with the cat sealed the deal. I am totally an Okita fan for the rest of my days, and can't but think better of any lovely maiden who shares the opinion.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Lettow77

Loud, fat black people, Porkchops with gravy, buttered corn on the cob, and fried chicken wrapped in red beans & rice- I am eating high on the hog once again, and enjoying the bounty of my raucous country. 

I had a talk with my roommate about our concerns regarding how hard it was to leave Tennessee, how paradoxically we, having been to better countries, miss the comforts of home- no place but my beautiful river city is my true home. Yet leave I must! There is no proper home as such, for me here- Family is only a memory, and society does not smile upon the cohabitation of men beyond their college years. Soon enough we each must branch out and become heads of our own households- For me it would be bleak finding an apartment and employment here, and graduate school would be nothing but a deleterious continuation of the dream-life that knows no labour or true responsibilities.

Japan will set me on my own two feet, and I will no longer live in someone else's house out of their Christian kindness and beneficence, but it will be so painful to leave this place behind. I wish it was possible to have the advantages and comforts of each.

I still go through life as if not really awake, and it is a very gentle comfort. I think of mono no aware and transience, as if to console myself with the thought that I need not really try to succeed at all, but rather can find some comforting disappearance when at long last I have reached the point at which life expects me to be a contributing adult man in society.

Life is truly wonderful at the moment, but the thoughts I have about the state of things and the nature of my own happiness refuse to keep to themselves. I dare not tell my roommate to whom I otherwise am so close, and so finally find myself on languish, whispering into asses' ears about a hole in the ground. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM
I dare not tell my roommate to whom I otherwise am so close, and so finally find myself on languish, whispering into asses' ears about a hole in the ground.

I'm telling you, you'll be a lot happier once you are finally honest with your roommate, and let him frack your embedded shale deposits with his meaty hydraulic fracturing drill, his juicy man-proppents spilling out of your freshly bored wellhole.  Squee. Mew.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM
There is no proper home as such, for me here- Family is only a memory, and society does not smile upon the cohabitation of men beyond their college years.

Society's been warming up to that over the past few decades, no need to run off to Japan on that account.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

"Being the little girl is serious business- much too important to leave it in the hands of women"

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 12, 2012, 10:58:27 AM
"Being the little girl is serious business- much too important to leave it in the hands of women"
That's a terrible thing to say.

Lettow77

Well, sure, but so is suggesting that I would seek to defile my wonderful relationship with my roommate.

Although it is true that women are quite poor at Being the Little Girl, especially in America, and Being the Little Girl is assuredly Serious Business.

The Japanese, both their men and women, seem to have a handle on how to do it.

Neil

Even you have to admit that some of your posts are a little bit too gushy towards your roommate.  You are not a little girl, nor are you a little boy, and in this day and age we must always be on guard for homosexuals, so that we can reject them.

Being a little girl is a business for little girls, serious or no.  It is best to let the attend to it, and not fetishize it.  When people who aren't little girls try and get into that sort of thing, that's when things start going wrong.

Lettow77

I know I am too gushy toward my roommate. I have nowhere else to gush about it though, really, and I simply must; he is my favourite person in the world. Society as it is shrinks too much from declaring love for people; if there is not an element of lust it is seen as strange. Well, I love him very much; his life is at least as dear to me as my own. It is wonderful to have such a friend, and it is the finest thing I have in life, shining all the brightly for the fact that my social life is an otherwise fairly quiet affair.

I agree that those who are not The Little Girl cannot cross that veil and assume the role; the efforts to do so rightly draw condemnation. One might just as well long to be a cat.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 12, 2012, 11:57:13 AM
I know I am too gushy toward my roommate. I have nowhere else to gush about it though, really, and I simply must; he is my favourite person in the world.

You should let him gush into your lower colon.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

And people call me crazy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017