Main Menu

Lettow thread

Started by Lettow77, August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

so gonna end up eating faces.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on August 10, 2012, 12:32:58 PM
so gonna end up eating faces.

He's got Southern food available again, so maybe he won't get that hungry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

ah, what a relief! The Japanese maiden who loved the Shinsengumi- I read a book on them, and then cross-referenced with her previous comments. Her favourite shinsengumi is my favourite as well, the tragic consumptive figure Okita Souji. Good, good! It is not that ogre Serizawa..

Yes, this maiden is ideologically sound. I must make all efforts to secure her for the future, insofar as the matter can be arranged.

Edit: actually, I rather love Okita myself..he was worthier of a grander cause on a more tragic scene, although his bloody work in Kyoto quite suffices as sufficient pageantry for his heroics. Ah, life is wonderful!
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadImmortalMan

He would of course position himself in front of me, glower down at me from his substantial height advantage, or simply roughly grab my arm. At the last I began to change my tone- I told him for one that I was an American, and that Americans lose to none, but worse, that he had not reckoned on meeting a Southerner, and that the sons of Lee and Forrest would not be interfered with my some shameless man from Nagoya. I exclusively began referring to myself as ore-sama, and variously warned that the greatest empire in the world would rain fire on the city, that he had best stick to harassing mere Japanese, and that he was a joke of a criminal and made me nostalgic for the niggers of home, and finally extolled him to go back home to his mother.

How extremely nonviolent the Japanese are cannot be impressed enough- for one, he let me take his picture with much hemming and hawwing, but did not do what he should have done, which was beat me, and take all of my stuff, including the camera. Second, he backed down when I began threatening to beat him like a kankokujin dorei, and seemed to quite honestly have initiating confrontational grabbing and interference without the intent or desire for a scrap. What is wrong with him?

I laughed out loud at this. People outside my office asked me what was going on.   :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 10, 2012, 01:30:50 PM
Her favourite shinsengumi is my favourite as well

That's a relief; there is nothing worse in a relationship then shinsengumi incompatibility.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2012, 05:05:09 PM
That's a relief; there is nothing worse in a relationship then shinsengumi incompatibility.

Would you date a woman who drank wine out of a box?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2012, 05:12:36 PM

Bag-in-box is a great technology.
Too bad so few good producers ever use it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2012, 05:18:18 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2012, 05:12:36 PM

Too bad so few good producers ever use it.

Nice lawyerly sidestep.  :cool:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Hey - just means more of the good stuff for me.

My only redlines are racists and glorification of the Confederacy.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2012, 05:32:47 PM
Hey - just means more of the good stuff for me.

My only redlines are racists and glorification of the Confederacy.

It was about districts' rights. So there.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 10, 2012, 05:18:18 PM

That's soooo Steve Dallas.

He had a Buick with mag wheels, you know.