Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on February 09, 2014, 11:15:24 AM
Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2014, 11:12:25 AM
A Slav subject race is a Slav.

Wait... what the fuck do you know about people out side of central Canada, you fucking faggot?

Why must you insult Albertans by calling us "central Canada"? :ultra:

We live in Western Canada, son.  :alberta:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2014, 03:09:20 PM

Aren't you from Manitoba originally?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Wait... what the fuck do you know about people out side of central Canada, you fucking faggot?

I recommend you avoid engaging the gutter trash.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

Aren't you from Manitoba originally?  :hmm:

Also western Canada (and thankfully this year even the CFL agrees with us!). :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

So "Central Canada" just means Ontario?

Maximus

And Quebec.

Makes as much sense as calling an area in the eastern part of the country the "Midwest".

Eddie Teach

The entire country is in the West though.  ;)

Jacob

Not really.

garbon

After googling today, I would say Canada has some odd divisions. Eastern Canada is essentially just a rump state.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on February 10, 2014, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2014, 02:17:20 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 07, 2014, 07:42:48 AM
To limit the meaning of clause 6 to simply not banning gay athletes requires a significant amount of Derspice Right Think.

If we take to this extreme then nobody but the most lefty first world countries will be allowed to host the Olympics.  I don't think that is how this was intended or applied.  But hey maybe I will be wrong.  We will see how many foreigners there participating in the Olympics get arrested under this law.

An excellent point Valmy, if someone were in fact advocating that we take it to this extreme.

Ok if that is the case I do not see how Clause 6 is being violated then, since we are not taking it to that extreme.  Merely that Russia has horrible laws and is a horrible place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 10, 2014, 02:51:22 PM
That's just wrong. All Olympics are real Olympics.
Exactly - which is why I don't understand all the fuss about what is happening in Sochi.  There are dozens of Olympics every year in the US alone and, as you note, all of them are as much a "real Olympics" as the goings-on in Sochi.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alcibiades

For instance, Neil competes in the special Olympics every year.  Doubt he'd like to see that marginalized because of Sochi.   ;)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on February 11, 2014, 10:30:58 AM
Exactly - which is why I don't understand all the fuss about what is happening in Sochi.  There are dozens of Olympics every year in the US alone and, as you note, all of them are as much a "real Olympics" as the goings-on in Sochi.

What?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2014, 01:15:31 PM

What?
Which words are you having trouble with?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2014, 01:15:31 PM

What?

Special Olympics, Paralympics, etc.