News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 01:11:36 PM
QuoteOr is visiting his alleged lover, the "extremely flexible gymnast," Alina Kabaeva,

:wub:  No truer words.   :licklips:

Indeed.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malicious Intent

Speaking of ridiculous personality cult, russian cossacks sponsored a bronze bust of Putin, styled as a roman general.

Ed Anger

Syt

Surprised they didn't go for the Trajan look.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Syt

On second thought, that'd be better for a horseback statue of Putin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2015, 01:16:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2015, 01:11:36 PM
QuoteOr is visiting his alleged lover, the "extremely flexible gymnast," Alina Kabaeva,

:wub:  No truer words.   :licklips:

Indeed.

Ah!  She's a spider monster!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Russian northern fleet together with around 38k men and 110 aircraft has been put on alert by some high ranking military dude, on Putin's order according to him. Putin is still MIA.

Solmyr

Moscow: fire breaks out at Novodevichy Convent

Omg teh end times? The Novodevichy Monastery was built in commemoration of the annexation of Smolensk exactly 500 years ago, and yesterday the documentary about the annexation of Crimea was premiered. And in 2004 the Moscow Manege burned down on the day when Putin was elected for his second term. Some Russian posters on Facebook are cracking jokes that God must be unhappy with Putin. :pope:

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 16, 2015, 04:00:10 AM
Russian northern fleet together with around 38k men and 110 aircraft has been put on alert by some high ranking military dude, on Putin's order according to him. Putin is still MIA.

I read the other day that Russia has had over a dozen "snap checks" in the last two years where they test combat readiness with surprise maneuvers.

NATO supposedly hasn't had one since the end of the Cold War (I didn't check to verify).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Malicious Intent on March 15, 2015, 09:35:56 AM
Speaking of ridiculous personality cult, russian cossacks sponsored a bronze bust of Putin, styled as a roman general.

Putin looks great as a Roman emperor general. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Polish news site headline: "Putin reappears in public but fails to address rumours of his death".  :lol: