News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2015, 09:46:40 AM
I figured Dorsey could just say 'Hey baby I am a adventure mountain climber who is also a successful professional' and be in.

First question from her: "Do you have a life insurance policy?"  :menace:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2015, 10:00:33 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 10, 2015, 09:42:09 AM

From the way you're writing I can tell that what you write is bullshit.

That post was not intended seriously.  :console:

Is that 'that' directing to my post? If so, that's not bullshit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2015, 09:47:39 AM
Sounds like Nemtsov's murder was a "mnogohodovka" after all.  Is Putin planning to purge Kadyrov, and is doing it by killing an annoying gadfly with a habit of insulting him personally?  :hmm:

I've read an opinion by Konstantin Borovoy today that it was actually an independent move by Kadyrov in order to force Putin to grant him more federal-level authority. Sort of "I can do this right under your walls, better take me into account more" message. And well, Kadyrov just got a state award from Putin...

Jacob

Quote from: Solmyr on March 10, 2015, 10:52:42 AM
Sounds like Nemtsov's murder was a "mnogohodovka" after all.  Is Putin planning to purge Kadyrov, and is doing it by killing an annoying gadfly with a habit of insulting him personally?  :hmm:

I've read an opinion by Konstantin Borovoy today that it was actually an independent move by Kadyrov in order to force Putin to grant him more federal-level authority. Sort of "I can do this right under your walls, better take me into account more" message. And well, Kadyrov just got a state award from Putin...

That's the thing though... Putin is the strongman. Even if he didn't directly order the killing, it's still on him.

Syt

I don't know where they get that. :hmm:

http://tass.ru/en/russia/781917

QuoteChechen leader Kadyrov says ready to give his life for Russia, Putin

GROZNY, March 10. /TASS/. The head of the Russian North Caucasus republic of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, said on his page in a social network that he is ready to give his life for Russia and President Vladimir Putin.

In this way, Kadyrov commented on being decorated with the Order of Honor.

He said all merits for "peace and stability in the Chechen Republic belong to Vladimir Vladimirovich [Putin]."

"Only his wise policy, his assistance and support made it possible to achieve solid peace, revive the republic, its economy, culture and spirituality," Kadyrov said.

"Giving life for such a person is the easiest task. I confirm that I will fulfill any order, solve for him a task of any complexity whatever it may cost me! Serving Russia! Serving the people," he wrote

Putin awarded Kadyrov the Order of Honor on March 9. The decree on decorating a number of Russians with state awards has been published on the official website of legal information.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2015, 09:40:41 AM
Hollande's confident and cocky posture conveys that he thinks the woman next to him is completely smitten with him, but her disinterested look away indicates that she thinks he is a bore and something of an embarrassing douchebag.

and it will still end with her having his cock in her mouth because French.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2015, 10:56:55 AM

That's the thing though... Putin is the strongman. Even if he didn't directly order the killing, it's still on him.

In a way true, but nowadays Putin essentially only controls Kadyrov and Chechnya by paying him tons of money. Putin's grip on the provinces is not as strong as you may think, and it's been increasingly slipping lately.

Jacob

Quote from: Solmyr on March 10, 2015, 01:33:51 PMIn a way true, but nowadays Putin essentially only controls Kadyrov and Chechnya by paying him tons of money. Putin's grip on the provinces is not as strong as you may think, and it's been increasingly slipping lately.

If he's fucking up his control, the results of losing control is still on him.

Martinus

Eddie Teach

It's hard out there for a pimp.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I finally understand manspreading.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

:hmm: Seems a little farfetched to me, like most Russian conspiracy theories.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2015, 03:34:43 PM
I finally understand manspreading.

Maybe Putin also literally has huge balls.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Sometimes, a man just needs to let em have some Lebensraum. If women don't like it, they can get back in the kitchen. Where they belong.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

http://rt.com/news/239409-russia-quits-conventional-europe/

QuoteRussia 'completely ending' activities under Conventional Armed Forces in Europe treaty

Moscow has announced it is "completely" ending activities under the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE). Russia's participation in the treaty was first halted in 2007.

"The Russian Federation has taken the decision to halt its participation in meetings of the [consulting group] from March 11, 2015. Therefore, Russia is ending its actions in the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe, announced in 2007, completely," a statement from the Foreign Ministry said.

Moscow has asked Belarus to represent Russia's interests in the group starting from Wednesday, the statement said.

According to the Ministry, the move does not mean that Moscow refuses to continue further dialogue on control of conventional armed forces in Europe - "if and when our partners are ready for it," the Ministry official said in the statement, adding that future work on the project should serve the interests of both Russia and other European states.

The original CFE Treaty, signed in 1990 by 16 NATO and six Warsaw Pact, set equal ceilings for each bloc on key categories of conventional armaments, with tanks, combat armored vehicles, artillery, assault helicopters and combat aircraft among them. For instance, under the treaty, each side is supposed to have no more than 16,500 tanks or 27,300 armored combat vehicles in active units.

1999 saw an "adapted" version of the treaty signed. However NATO members refused to ratify it until Russia withdrew troops from Georgia and the breakaway Moldovan region of Transdnestria. Russia slammed the condition as an "artificial linkage."

In December 2007 this led to Moscow imposing a moratorium on the CFE treaty. Moscow also said the treaty was "irrelevant" since NATO planned to increase its military presence in Eastern Europe.

Four years later, the North Atlantic bloc stated exchange of information on conventional weapons and troops with Russia would be stopped. In November 2014, Moscow suspended the implementation of the CFE Treaty. Two months later, the US House of Representatives issued a resolution condemning Russia and, among other points, urging president Obama to review US and NATO armed forces readiness under the CFE.

"For many years the Russian Federation has been doing everything possible to maintain... the treaty, initiated talks on its adaptation and ratified the adaptation agreement," Moscow said Tuesday, adding that all such efforts have been dismissed by NATO in favor of the alliance's expansion.

Meanwhile, Norway has started military exercises in its northernmost province, which borders Russia's Kola Peninsula. Called 'Joint Viking,' the one-week war games involve 5,000 Norwegian troops and 400 vehicles, the largest military training exercise in nearly 50 years in the country, which has been promoting closer military cooperation with NATO member states after escalation of the Ukrainian crisis.
—Stephen Jay Gould