News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hobbit to become a trilogy

Started by Solmyr, July 30, 2012, 10:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Faeelin on July 31, 2012, 07:42:46 AM
Incidentally, did anyone find the movie's version of the Misty Mountain song to be wrong? I pictured it as a fast-paced tune the dwarves sang while putting away dishes, not some funeral dirge.
Well, it was no "Where There's a Whip, There is a Way!"...
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 31, 2012, 07:59:44 AM
Incidentally, did anyone find the movie's version of the Misty Mountain song to be wrong? I pictured it as a fast-paced tune the dwarves sang while putting away dishes, not some funeral dirge.
Well, it was no "Where There's a Whip, There is a Way!"...
Yeah, in the book it was a fast moving work song. However, that wouldn't play well in today's gritty drama oriented fantasy market.
PDH!

Valmy

I think you are confusing songs.  There was another song they sang while putting away dishes and the book made it pretty clear this was a serious mysterious sort of song.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 31, 2012, 08:03:25 AM
Yeah, in the book it was a fast moving work song. However, that wouldn't play well in today's gritty drama oriented fantasy market.

Yeah ok they were sitting in Bilbo's house playing instruments while smoking.  Not sure what work was going on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2012, 08:25:27 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 31, 2012, 08:03:25 AM

Yeah ok they were sitting in Bilbo's house playing instruments while smoking.  Not sure what work was going on.
I think I'm getting it mixed up with the That's what Bilbo Baggins hates song while they are cleaning up his house after their drunken dwarf party.
PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2012, 08:24:24 AM

I think you are confusing songs.  There was another song they sang while putting away dishes

Hi Ho?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on July 30, 2012, 03:53:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2012, 12:45:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2012, 12:40:58 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 30, 2012, 11:46:36 AM
If the LotR series did anything for me, it is that it has turned me off to almost all modern films.  At least, the drama/action ones.  They pretty much all just seem way over-the-top, or like they're always trying too hard to please an audience that has "seen it all".  Or pandering to mindless fanboys/girls.

I find myself returning more to the quaint simplicity of older, classic films.  :sleep:

LOTR fanboiism aside, I didn't feel that way until Avatar, actually.  That's the one that did it.

Glad I missed that one.

Yeah, I got that feeling from the trailer for Avatar, and decided I'd not waste the time watching it.  And everyone telling me I just had to watch it unknowingly made me even more resistant.

My only cinema date with my ex was the Avatar. I remember being very very tired and sleeping through the middle of the movie.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2012, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 30, 2012, 04:57:34 PM
I don't think Hobbits in bed was in the edited version.  Dunno what "Frodo-Sam Mooney eyes" is, so I'm not sure whether that was in the edited version or not.

I already said what it was early in this thread. The unnecessary seen of Frodo and Sam chilling on Mount Doom - essentially professing their gay love for one another...which then was oddly book-ended by Sam suddenly getting married. :D

The best part for me was Ian McKellen perving on Elijah Wood frolicking in the bed while in the house of that Priscilla Queen of the Desert dude.

Malthus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 31, 2012, 11:40:29 AM
I think it was Led Zeppelin.

Nah, songs about high hos are more likely to be hip-hop.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius