What game should I get while waiting for Guild Wars 2?

Started by Martinus, July 28, 2012, 03:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok, so I researched GW2 more and now can't wait for it.  :blush:

And it got me completely and utterly bored with WoW (I have been playing it lately waiting for MoP but now don't feel like doing so anymore).

So I'm looking for a game, preferably a RPG, to occupy me in the meantime. I have not played many games of the last few years, mainly due to Mac issues but I finally broke down and installed Windows on bootcamp so I'm open pretty much for anything.

Of the "big" RPGs of the last few years I played only Dragon Age series. So what should I get? Witcher? Skyrim? Something else? Preferably it should not be too taxing on people with motion sickness issues as that rules me out.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

szmik

LotRo if you like Tolkien lore, otherwise it's just another MMORPG with no PvP to speak of

Have you played Mass Effect?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Caliga

Yeah, definitely Mass Effect if you've never played it.

How about... goodbye?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but I don't really like sci-fi rpgs. Also not looking for a MMORPG (in response to LOTRO), just a single player game for a month.

sbr

The Witcher games are supposed to be very good, though I didn't like the first one that much.

There is lots of straight sex though.

EDIT:  The Steam version will run on the Mac too.

Syt

ME1 doesn't play nice with my laptop - the dialogue/sound effects cut out or get garbled every few minutes (i.e. a couple lines in almost every dialogue). There's a couple of possible solutions (editing the .ini, using external soundcard instead of onboard, switch off overclocking, switching from software to hardware audio or vice versa, turn off Steam overlay etc.), but none has helped me. It really ruins the gameplay.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: sbr on July 28, 2012, 10:53:50 PM
The Witcher games are supposed to be very good, though I didn't like the first one that much.

There is lots of straight sex though.

EDIT:  The Steam version will run on the Mac too.

Pretty sure Marty has played Witcher 1 at least.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

frunk

If you are seriously geeking out on GW2 you could pick up Guild Wars Platinum Edition and work on the Hall of Monuments to get some GW2 items/titles.  Personally I wouldn't bother at this late stage, but just for linking the accounts you'll get 3 points out of a useful 30 (and another 2-3 are fairly easy to get).