Mittenspalooza World Tour 2012: The MegaMormonThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Oh, but his day wasn't complete, Funk--

QuoteThe GOP candidate seemed to forget Labour Leader Ed Miliband's first name, simply calling him "Mr. Leader."

QuoteAnd in a big British no-no, Romney announced at 10 Downing Street that he had met the chief of MI-6. It's custom for visiting dignitaries not to announce such things, as MI-6 is highly clandestine.

Way to go, Mittens.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on July 26, 2012, 12:51:43 AM
I'm surprised that Poles really have any preference one way or the other between Democrats and Republicans.  I figured that they would still be debating Federalists vs Anti-Federalists.

;)
:XD:

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2012, 06:02:02 PM
Oh, but his day wasn't complete, Funk--

QuoteThe GOP candidate seemed to forget Labour Leader Ed Miliband's first name, simply calling him "Mr. Leader."

QuoteAnd in a big British no-no, Romney announced at 10 Downing Street that he had met the chief of MI-6. It's custom for visiting dignitaries not to announce such things, as MI-6 is highly clandestine.

Way to go, Mittens.

On the bright side for the Romney camp, he can only go up from here.

I think.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

That one is only fair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Way to go, Mittens.

Did she show him her Oscar?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 26, 2012, 05:45:17 PM
QuoteREPUBLICAN presidential candidate Mitt Romney has quickly caused a stir on his overseas tour by questioning whether Britain is prepared to pull off the Olympic Games without problems.

"It's hard to know just how well it will turn out," Romney told NBC News, and he called the late-developing concerns over security staffing "disconcerting".

In response to Romney's remarks, Cameron said: "We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."  :lol: :lol:

He apparently was referring to Utah, the site of the Games Romney managed. The lively British media pounced. "PM delivers Olympic putdown to Romney," The Times newspaper in London trumpeted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19006480  :lol:

/Seedy

Well played Sir.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

I like Cameron's soundbite.  Mitt's going to have to do better than that, especially since the US media will gleefully report that the leaders of pretty much everywhere he goes are snickering at him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2012, 06:18:07 PM
That one is only fair.
Duh.  When you forget a man's name, you call him "bro", "dude", or "chief". :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2012, 06:18:07 PM
That one is only fair.
Especially since there are two Milibands in the Labour Party, and both are utterly worthless caretakers with no brains or vision.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2012, 07:25:01 PM
Duh.  When you forget a man's name, you call him "bro", "dude", or "chief". :rolleyes:

Or buddy, pal, ace, slick, slim, homeboy, campanero, paisano, holmes, vato, my man.

Caliga

It'd be ossum if the guy had said something at the press conference and Mitt agreed by saying "Quite right, slick." :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

I don't know if there is an easier layup in foreign trips than the pre election Olympic visit, especially to a country that Obama is theoretically neglecting and has a london mayor and PM in your party's camp. But now Cameron and Boris are publicly taking shots at Romney and I saw Boris leading a 60k crowd in "yes we can" chants.  :lol:

A few more days of this and Romney is going to inspire a massive pro-Obama letter writing campaign from England to Ohio.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: alfred russel on July 26, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
A few more days of this and Romney is going to inspire a massive pro-Obama letter writing campaign from England to Ohio.

^_^
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 11:06:20 PM
Mitt Romney would restore 'Anglo-Saxon' relations between Britain and America

I prefer we stick with 'Norman' relations personally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?