Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2012, 07:51:01 AM
They all are defining for themselves what they believe God's will is. And at the very least, as I know you won't agree with that, they are choosing what messages they want to put out there. I know plenty of Christians and none of them say those sorts of statements to me.

Sure.  And which would demonstrate more ill-will, providing you with the information that he believes will save you from damnation or withholding it?

QuoteJust because it is done differently doesn't mean it isn't ill-will. The people are still alive but you've taken steps to eradicate their identity / their existence as a group. Doesn't sound particularly benevolent even if you say they'll be better off.  Otherwise, you're saying that Grallon isn't being bigoted when he says that Muslim immigrants need to drop all of their culture and espouse only Western (and presumably Quebecer) sentiments. That seems odd.

Grallon is not interested in reforming anyone.  He wants seperation.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 09:18:49 AM
Sure.  And which would demonstrate more ill-will, providing you with the information that he believes will save you from damnation or withholding it?

:rolleyes:

That's what way to put it but I'd say that providing me with the information demonstrates more ill-will. It isn't like he is spouting a message that no one has the courage to mention. For a variety of reasons, including religious, gays have been made to feel that their homosexuality is wrong.  Cathy isn't adding anything to that message other just increasing the echo chamber.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 09:18:49 AM
Grallon is not interested in reforming anyone.  He wants seperation.

I think you're wrong. If they were willing to behave as he dictates, I don't see that he'd have any issue with them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 07:24:48 AM
I turn on the TV and it is Chick-Fil-A overload on the news channels. So guess what I want to eat again. :weep:

Damn evil chicken.  :cry:

I had the day off yesterday to do a couple of last minute projects around the house before company arrives this weekend.  Since it's sorta next to Home Depot, Chick-fil-A has been my lunch and/or dinner when I'm doing a home project.  So I had that on my mind all morning.  Went there yesterday at 11:30 and it was about as packed as the ones they're showing on the news.  Had to go back to Home Depot around 2:30 to get some more paint, and it was still packed.  So I went to Chipotle instead and enjoyed their brand of self-righteousness :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2012, 09:24:03 AM
For a variety of reasons, including religious, gays have been made to feel that their homosexuality is wrong. 

I don't think I've ever come across a gay person that felt this way. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 09:26:41 AM
Chipotle: we put a bag of salt in our food.

BUT THEIR MEAT IS 100% HORMONE FREE AND THEY ONLY USE PORK FROM PIGS THAT WERE TREATED HUMANELY

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 09:27:08 AM
For a variety of reasons, including religious, gays have been made to feel that their homosexuality is wrong. 

I don't think I've ever come across a gay person that felt this way. 

That's because they've overcome the shame they've been induced to feel - and thus openly out as homosexual. :P

I most definitely struggled as a child as I couldn't help how I felt but knew other people would dislike me for it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 09:25:14 AM
So I went to Chipotle instead and enjoyed their brand of self-righteousness :D

Shame. I went and had a burrito at a local joint that's decent for the East Coast.

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 09:28:38 AM

BUT THEIR MEAT IS 100% HORMONE FREE AND THEY ONLY USE PORK FROM PIGS THAT WERE TREATED HUMANELY

:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on August 02, 2012, 09:33:17 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 09:28:38 AM

:hmm:

You don't treat animals humanely. :angry:

Admiral Yi

:rolleyes:

That's what way to put it but I'd say that providing me with the information demonstrates more ill-will. It isn't like he is spouting a message that no one has the courage to mention. For a variety of reasons, including religious, gays have been made to feel that their homosexuality is wrong.  Cathy isn't adding anything to that message other just increasing the echo chamber.

Bigot means a person who hurts your feelings?

QuoteI think you're wrong. If they were willing to behave as he dictates, I don't see that he'd have any issue with them.

"Not have any issue with them" is a far cry from trying to improve their situation.  For their own sake, not his.

CountDeMoney

No joke, I can't go there without a defibrillator.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
Bigot means a person who hurts your feelings?

No that's not the definition.

Quotea person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Not sure where Cathy is showing tolerance if he's paying money to have gays no longer be gay and it definitely seems like he's devoted to his own opinions and prejudices on whether it is okay to be gay.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
"Not have any issue with them" is a far cry from trying to improve their situation.  For their own sake, not his.

And you think Cathy wants to "save" gays out of the goodness of his heart? From his statements sounds a lot more like he thinks toleration of homosexuality is a plague on America. Converting gays = saving America.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2012, 09:55:46 AM
Not sure where Cathy is showing tolerance if he's paying money to have gays no longer be gay and it definitely seems like he's devoted to his own opinions and prejudices on whether it is okay to be gay.

Clearly he is not showing tolerance.  The question is whether he is showing hatred.