And we're back!

Main Menu

Gentlemen - What emasculates you?

Started by merithyn, July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2012, 08:49:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2012, 08:27:52 PM
Actually horseshit can be an issue around Central Park.
Not really.  I little bit of shit here and there is different from having the roads be shin-deep in shit all the time.

There's a little bit too much of it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 10:53:49 AM

I was questioning its application in today's society as it applies to women. I get that men still feel this way, as is obvious by the whole concept of emasculation. I don't get the nuances of what, specifically, would emasculate a guy, but I don't think I'm meant to.

Emasculation (with the obvious exception when it's used to mean actual physical removal of the genetalia) is just a fancy synomyn for hen-pecked or whipped.  It's not about what he does or doesn't do when it comes to household chores or status within a relationship;  it's about him doing particular chores or holding a particular status because he's told to do so or else, and doesn't have the willpower to stand up for himself when what's he's told to do doesn't conform to what he wants to do.