News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

T-shirt tucking

Started by DGuller, July 14, 2012, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Unless you are a wearing a dress shirt tucking is for fashionless nerds.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 16, 2012, 09:56:40 AM
Unless you are a wearing a dress shirt tucking is for fashionless nerds.

Workplaces that have bothered to define "business casual" also state that shirts (collared, of course) must be tucked in.  In khakis, of course.

Grey Fox

I don't want to work in a place like that. :puke:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 16, 2012, 12:27:21 PM
I don't want to work in a place like that. :puke:

OK, Spicoli.

Ideologue

I don't like tucking polo shirts in either, really.  But then when I wear them, I'm usually wearing jeans.

Business Mon-Thurs, whatever-the-fuck-I-want-so-long-as-it-covers-my-shame Fri-Sun.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I don't really get the point of a casual Friday. Either business attire is called for and then it should apply on Fridays too or it is not necessary which should mean the whole week.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on July 16, 2012, 12:36:28 PM
I don't really get the point of a casual Friday. Either business attire is called for and then it should apply on Fridays too or it is not necessary which should mean the whole week.

It is a compromised / token gesture.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

In the Yukon I wore denim all the time, and changed when it was time to go to court.

Now that I'm the city it's full suit during business hours. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2012, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: Zanza on July 16, 2012, 12:36:28 PM

It is a compromised / token gesture.

Hell, most companies are ditching the Fridays Only thing, and letting it go full time.

Syt

My company expects me to wear business casual Mo-Th (shirt+pants) with casual Friday meaning jeans and an untucked shirt (t-shirts permitted but frowned upon). Mind you, most of us have no contact to the outside world.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

BTW, I got some Savile Row fitted dress shirts on Amazon yesterday for $35 each. They're normally like 150. Might want to check that out if you know your measurements.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Eddie Teach

Puking's not fun either.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on July 16, 2012, 12:48:37 PM
In the Yukon I wore denim all the time, and changed when it was time to go to court.

Now that I'm the city it's full suit during business hours.

:nelson:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son