29 New Guinea cannibals charged with killing 7 Witch Doctors over sorcery fees

Started by jimmy olsen, July 14, 2012, 03:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Crazy  :wacko:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/13/12727213-29-alleged-papua-new-guinea-cannibals-charged-with-killing-7-over-sorcery-fees?lite

Quote29 alleged Papua New Guinea cannibals charged with killing 7 over sorcery fees
By msnbc.com staff

Papua New Guinea police arrested 29 members of an alleged cannibal cult and charged them with the murder of at least seven suspected witch doctors.

"They don't think they've done anything wrong; they admit what they've done openly," Madang Police Commander Anthony Wagambie told The Associated Press in a report published The Telegraph of London.

The alleged cannibals -- eight of whom are women -- ate their victims' brains raw and made soup from their penises, according to the report. The 29 people were part of a group of about 1,000 who are against the sorcerers charging increasingly higher fees, the AFP news service reported.

"We ate their brains raw and took body parts such as livers, hearts, penis and others back to the hausman (traditional men's houses) for our chief trainers to create other powers for the members to use," one of those arrested said, according to AFP.

To hire a witch doctor to reveal a cause of death or cast out an evil spirit, one must pay 1,000 kina ($475) cash, AFP reported, along with a pig and a bag of rice, but some sorcerers were also asking for sex as payment.

"It's against our traditional ethics and morals for a sorcerer to have intercourse with a man's wife or teenage daughter," a local cult leader in the Tangi area, inland from Madang province on Papua New Guinea's northeast coast, said, according to AFP.

The suspects are in custody, police said, and the case was adjourned until Aug. 17. Murder is punishable by death in the poor South Pacific island nation of Papua New Guinea, The Telegraph reported.

Wagambie told the AP four of the seven victims were murdered last week, adding that no remains had been recovered.

"They're probably all eaten up," he said.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I expected a lot of puns and witty repartee from this thread.

Languish, I am disappointed in you!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 15, 2012, 07:13:52 AM

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Koltreg/adventure-time-eat-it.gif

Edit: Fixed so I don't give somebody a seizure
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2012, 07:21:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 15, 2012, 07:13:52 AM

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Koltreg/adventure-time-eat-it.gif

Edit: Fixed so I don't give somebody a seizure
I clicked on it and went into spasms!  :wacko:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.