DGuller

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2012, 04:57:47 PM
National - Below average
You have a lower BMI than 96% of males aged 45-59 in your country

Global  - Below average
You have a lower BMI than 76% of males aged 45-59 in the world

You're most like someone from Sri Lanka

:blink:

God grief there must be some lard arses about to skew the figures so much.
Good god, a starving African male is probably fatter than you.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2012, 05:43:23 PM
National - Below average

Global  - Below average

Good god, a starving African male is probably fatter than you.

No I think it's a consequence of the BMI issue and that by my age, the vast majority of Brits and Usians have really let themselves go.

In the immediate post-war period I think Id have been very typical of a British male of working age.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
In the immediate post-war period I think Id have been very typical of a British male of working age.
A British Jewish male, straight out of Dachau, maybe.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2012, 06:18:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
A British Jewish male, straight out of Dachau, maybe.

A for instance, the British guy leading the Tour de France is exactly my weight, but he's got another 5 1/2 inches of height on me, admittedly he looks thin, but he's probably in the best form of his life.

So no way am I undernourished or overly thin, to be somewhat serious many of the holocaust servivors or SE Asia/ Pacific war POWs ended up well below 50kg.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

stjaba

My BMI is 25, putting me in the 32nd percentile of American men my age, and in the 77th pecentile of men worldwide. Apparently, I'm most like someone from Bulgaria.  <_<

merithyn

I refuse to answer on the basis that this fucking sucks.  <_<

Even after losing 11 pounds, I'm still practically a fucking Samoan.  :mad:

EDIT: Sadly, I'm in the mid-range for other women my age in the US.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2012, 11:25:39 AM
You're most like someone from Samoa

Woo! Can I be a Linebacker?

lol, I just did the test; it said Micronesia.   :lol:

MOM SAYS IM JUST BIG BONED

Capetan Mihali

Lower than 93% of Americans, 65% of the world.   Most like... Uganda.  :outback:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

I should really buy a pair of scales, I'm uncertain on my weight.
I took a guess and its broken for me, says I'm lighter than 100% of other Brits and am most like someone from the Congo.
edit- aha, it says metres, not centimetres. No wonder.

Took a guess at my weight at the highest possible value (though I think I am lighter than that) and...lighter than 65% of adult male Brits (74% taking what I think is a more likely weight) and higher than half-65% of people in the world. Wow. Brits are teh fat.
Guess its as I've said, I don't care about weight loss, just need to generally get in shape.

Anyway. One thing I've discovered here is that BMI is different in Japan. They have a much lower threshold for when you become fat, obese, thin, etc...- I guess its because Japanese people are naturally a lot more slightly built than white folks.
██████
██████
██████

Cecil

Ok I´m going to sue that damn thing for defamation.  :mad:

Your numbers
Obesity Index
21bmi
BMI is an estimate of how "overweight" or "obese" a person is
National
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 91% of males aged 30-44 in your country
Global
Below average
You have a lower BMI than 74% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 29,327,825 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population
You're most like someone from North Korea*

North fucking korea? Thanks a lot for that. :(

Richard Hakluyt

National - Below average

Global  - Below average

You have a lower BMI than 71% of males aged 45-59 in your country.......

You're most like someone from France  :frog:

I'm the same height as my old man and have one of his old army uniforms from c.1970. For a laugh I tried it on and looked most martial and imposing. However, the uniform dates to a period when he was away from the family and living in the mess.....booze every night, regimental dinners.........etc etc. When he came and visited us he was roundly told off for being fat, when I tell people I'm trying to lose weight they often remark that there is no need. Interesting how our perceptions of a normal bodyshape have mutated over that 40-year period  :hmm:

Cecil

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 14, 2012, 01:44:13 AM
National - Below average

Global  - Below average

I'm the same height as my old man and have one of his old army uniforms from c.1970. For a laugh I tried it on and looked most martial and imposing. However, the uniform dates to a period when he was away from the family and living in the mess.....booze every night, regimental dinners.........etc etc. When he came and visited us he was roundly told off for being fat, when I tell people I'm trying to lose weight they often remark that there is no need. Interesting how our perceptions of a normal bodyshape have mutated over that 40-year period  :hmm:

Well while I´m not sure about it the brits are the fattest in europa by quite a bit these days no?

Josquius

Well while I´m not sure about it the brits are the fattest in europa by quite a bit these days no?
That's the Maltese IIRC.
Cypriots and Greeks might be up there too.
But Brits certainly rank high, especially for north Europeans.

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 14, 2012, 01:44:13 AM

Yeah.
Just before I came here when I was at my most out shape and podgiest I ran into an elderly great aunt I hadn't seen for a while. She kept saying how healthy I looked these days now I had some shape in my face and all that sort of thing.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Apparently the West got lazy, degenerate and subsequently fat at roughly the mid/late 70's when the food pyramid shifted to recommending 50-60% of your calories should come from carbohydrates. This was done in wake of the uncalled for demonization of saturated fat despite the terribly flawed studies purporting to show direct link between SF and blood cholesterol and that those two were equal to the chance of heart disease.

The real cause of lardassness?

1. Sugar and grains in almost everything you buy that comes in a box (that and/or HFCS).

2. Horrid, rancid & processed vegetable fats, high in Omega 6 (soy, rapeseed/canola, peanut, etc). The latest research (not done by nutrionists thank God) suggests that the excessive Western carbohydrate intake coupled with the Omega 6 oils causes systemic inflammation in the body which causes cholesterol to behave abnormally and to settle in clots. The tragedy is that an entire generation of nutritionists and lifestyle gurus will have to die off before anybody will shift gears.

My diet advice to the katmais of this world would consist of a very large porterhouse steak cooked in real butter with as much bearnaise sauce (homemade) and coloful salad as they could handle at lunch and dinner with no snacking whatsoever in between. Fat and protein contain actual, vital nutrients as opposed to, say, Pringles. Add in more starch from fruits, tubers and berries once the blubber is off.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 13, 2012, 03:49:27 PM
Wow Ed is one skinny guy.  I never would have guessed.

Yeah, surprised about that. I mean I didn't think he was fat, but his BMI is lower than mine.