News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC's global fat scale

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 13, 2012, 10:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

Uses BMI, so it has the usual problems with that metric.  Supposedly I am in the 83rd percentile for my age range in the US and 99th percentile in the world.

Barrister

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 13, 2012, 10:15:27 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

Uses BMI, so it has the usual problems with that metric.  Supposedly I am in the 83rd percentile for my age range in the US and 99th percentile in the world.

USA! USA!

Apparently I have a lower BMI than 67% of Canadians, but a higher BMI than 59% of the world (or at least males in my age range).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

I'm below average than Brits (lower than 68%) but above average globally (61%) for males of my age range.  I'm most close to the Spanish average apparently :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Below average in America, above average in the world. -_-

Except apparently they run my age group from 15-29.  Well yes, I do weigh more than typical 15 year olds!

Also I got told I'm like someone from Samoa. :mad: (though apparently Australia has an almost identical average to Samoa.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

I have a lower BMI than 70% of Germans in my age group, but higher than 60% of the world. :hmm:

"You're most like someone from Turkmenistan."  :lol:

Valmy

Why so  :mellow: Shielbh?

Anyway I am less BMI-tastic than 56% of males in my age range in the US but...fatter than 81% of males of my age range world wide  :lol:

USA!  USA!

Anyway I am sized most like a Saudi.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

QuoteYou're most like someone from Hungary*

:blink:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Clearly, you've been eating too many beets.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Iormlund

CountDeMoney

Ah yes, the old height v weight bullshit.  I'm not falling for that.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 11:03:01 AM

Your massive muscles always throwing it off eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 13, 2012, 11:19:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 11:03:01 AM

Your massive muscles always throwing it off eh?

I'm always amused how they say, at 5'8", I'm supposed to weigh 160 pounds with a 46" chest.  Some things are simply physiologically stupid.

Grey Fox

You're most like someone from Samoa

Woo! Can I be a Linebacker?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

I'm below 68% of Poles but above 51% of all human beings. Apparently I'm like someone from Mauritania.  :huh: