Dijongate

Started by Grallon, May 09, 2009, 05:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: vinraith on May 10, 2009, 01:59:48 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 10, 2009, 01:30:34 AM
Only stupid people eat burgers.

They ain;t kosher.

:huh: I don't see why kosher cuts of beef inherently couldn't be used to make a hamburger. Is there something about the processing that rules it out or...?

I mean, if you can make a kosher hot dog :mmm: why not a kosher hamburger?

Speaking of kosher hot dogs, I grilled some hebrew national franks yesterday.

Good stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Lol, I just love how we skewer our Presidents over these things. Pres Bush I was lampooned in the media for not knowing much about super market checkout scanners. Pres Clinton must have gotten slammed for something trivially similar. Candidate Kerry was lampooned for improper ordering of a Philly cheese steak sandwich, or something like that.   

But hey, I can at least be grateful, hopeful, that we also keep tabs on the important Presidential decisions as well.   

Anyhow, I tend to also like either mustard or ketchup on burgers, though usually ketchup if anything. Usually I go with tomato slices instead of ketchup. I most prefer mustard with hot dogs though.  :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 05:47:29 PM
I didn't even know Obama went out and got a burger.

:rolleyes:  You don't pay attention to the news, then.  Let me guess, you missed out on the big story about Barack & Michelle taking a walk together *holding hands* outside the White House???
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2009, 09:37:57 AM

Good stuff.

Hell yeah.  Best brand out there, though Boars Head makes some good 'dawgs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

QuotePres Bush I was lampooned in the media for not knowing much about super market checkout scanners

God that pissed me off...actually that whole 1992 election pissed me off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2009, 12:28:47 PM
QuotePres Bush I was lampooned in the media for not knowing much about super market checkout scanners

Well, at least Bush I wasn't an Arabic linguist :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 12:33:48 PM
Well, at least Bush I wasn't an Arabic linguist :P

HE WAS AN ARABIC LINGUIST?!!!  OH DEAR HOD WHAT DID WE DO!! :o

Oh wait he wasn't....ok good whew.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2009, 12:28:47 PM

Oh yeah, Ross Perot was popular then, and also his third party. The Reform Party I think?

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 12:23:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2009, 09:37:57 AM

Good stuff.

Hell yeah.  Best brand out there, though Boars Head makes some good 'dawgs.
Yep, good stuff.    :)

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on May 11, 2009, 12:37:08 PM
Oh yeah, Ross Perot was popular then, and also his third party. The Reform Party I think?

The only good thing about Ross Perot was the fun I had mocking people who supported him and the Reform Party.

DisturbedPervert

If I had to choose between only ketchup or mustard on a burger, I'd go with mustard.  Really would prefer salsa, chilli, or guacamole though.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 12:51:06 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 11, 2009, 12:37:08 PM

The only good thing about Ross Perot was the fun I had mocking people who supported him and the Reform Party.
I'm wondering if we aren't coming to that kind of thing again? Dems and Repubs alike seem pretty frustrated with government, and both main parties brought us to where we are. Repubs are already annoyed with the party. For the Dems, it may just be that they're newly in power now, so things haven't sunk in as much. But give it time, and I wonder if Dems will become just as frustrated with their party since it's still business as usual; just the leaders have changed.

That said, I don't expect much change. The two main parties will likely continue on, and voters will continue to make their choices even if they remain frustrated with government business as usual.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Syt

I still need to check out that Books & Bagles place we have downtown.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2009, 06:51:48 PM

Welcome to the internet. Just mentioning that I like steak well done gets me hate mail.
:ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :ultra: :Joos