And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2012, 02:22:51 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2012, 01:51:01 AM
Hey, guess what! France and England closed off my path toward the defeatable electorates!

#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Hapsburgs:
2 mercs to Trier
2 mercs to Prague

Besancon -> Strasburg -> Worms -> Mainz

that is the closest, the blue and red hordes close the short cut which makes köln equidistant.

Thanks. that's 4CP. Moving 4 units. Next to 6 Protestant ones. Then stopping and letting those 6 Protties to build up and come after them. Great plan. :P

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2012, 02:31:55 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2012, 02:22:51 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2012, 01:51:01 AM
Hey, guess what! France and England closed off my path toward the defeatable electorates!

#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Hapsburgs:
2 mercs to Trier
2 mercs to Prague

Besancon -> Strasburg -> Worms -> Mainz

that is the closest, the blue and red hordes close the short cut which makes köln equidistant.

Thanks. that's 4CP. Moving 4 units. Next to 6 Protestant ones. Then stopping and letting those 6 Protties to build up and come after them. Great plan. :P

That's 3 cp not 4 cp, you start at besancon with 5 units not 4 units. If you spend another 1 you can get the 2 mercs at trier as well. Your army will fight at 8 dice against 6 only if he manages to intercept at worms with his 0 leader.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

And I abandon Besancon my last foothold in western europe (thanks Solmyr!), and put my remaining leaders at the mercy of a 50-50 battle. Thanks, but no thanks.

I told you people this would happen if you didn't let me deal with the Protestants. You didn't let me. Now see my prophecy unfold. :P

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2012, 02:42:29 AM
And I abandon Besancon my last foothold in western europe (thanks Solmyr!), and put my remaining leaders at the mercy of a 50-50 battle. Thanks, but no thanks.

I told you people this would happen if you didn't let me deal with the Protestants. You didn't let me. Now see my prophecy unfold. :P

You lost all credibility when you declared for 4 turns that you needed to be left alone to deal with the french and then did diddly squat when

1 - solmyr, in good faith, started a risky invasion which ended in catastrophy.
2 - I managed to lose turns trying to take budapest

instead you took metz, made peace with france and took algiers. .

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

All the electorates are equidistant from Besancon. You could freely leave it - what cards is Max going to take it with? And I can't even get there.

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Event

#57: 2 / Philip of Hesse's Bigamy

Message from England:
Protestant player must either remove Philip of Hesse from the game or discard one card (chosen at random).

Sbr can discard either Philip or his last non-home card. No file.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 30, 2012, 04:08:42 AM
All the electorates are equidistant from Besancon. You could freely leave it - what cards is Max going to take it with? And I can't even get there.

Message from England:
Protestant player must either remove Philip of Hesse from the game or discard one card (chosen at random).

Ah, finally. TAMAS UNLEASHED! Let us see, can he manage to take one undefended electorate? Or will he yet again fail and spend all his cp building mercs in far away backwaters or sending conquests as usual.

Solmyr

Oh and btw, Tamas' move is illegal - he cannot build units in Trier, it's not his home space. Nor in Prague, because only Hungarian regulars can be built there.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 30, 2012, 05:18:07 AM
Oh and btw, Tamas' move is illegal - he cannot build units in Trier, it's not his home space. Nor in Prague, because only Hungarian regulars can be built there.

read the event text for foreign recruits.

Solmyr

Oh right, thought Tamas was using CP. Didn't he himself post that we should paste in the event text when playing them? :P

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 30, 2012, 05:56:22 AM
Oh right, thought Tamas was using CP. Didn't he himself post that we should paste in the event text when playing them? :P

btw, you do know you can do your turn now.

sbr

Quote from: Viking on August 30, 2012, 06:03:05 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 30, 2012, 05:56:22 AM

btw, you do know you can do your turn now.

He did:

Quote from: Solmyr on August 30, 2012, 04:08:42 AM

Message from England:

Well it was fun Phillip but sorry you gotta go.

Can someone Remove Phillip for me in their file?

EDIT:  I'm off to bed now, be back in ~7 hours.

ulmont

After another debate, the Pope converts to Calvinism and moves to Scotland.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on August 30, 2012, 09:17:55 AM
After another debate, the Pope converts to Calvinism and moves to Scotland.
:hug: I know just how you feel. On your way visit the cemetaries at the foot of the walls of buda.

Solmyr

The Scots are good Catholics though. :P

sbr

Flipped York and Lincoln.

#105: 5 / Treachery

Message from Protestant:
+5 CP to English Full Bible Translation