News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Right. It would totally make sense for me to do that risky dash. You guys made the choice regarding Protestants when you ganged up on me. Now live with it.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2012, 09:19:42 AM
Right. It would totally make sense for me to do that risky dash. You guys made the choice regarding Protestants when you ganged up on me. Now live with it.

Not me, I offered you peace but you refused, preferring to fight me at sea rather than letting me pirate the pope.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2012, 09:21:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2012, 09:19:42 AM

Not me, I offered you peace but you refused, preferring to fight me at sea rather than letting me pirate the pope.

Yes. Took one for the team, protecting the Pope, from your rampant selfishness. :P

sbr

Play Home Card for CP and finish English Bible Translation.

I then proceeded to get kicked in the crotch 6 straight times on conversion attempts.

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#31: 2 / Foul Weather

Message from Ottoman:
Sigh, bad dice mean I have to play this for CP

1/2 assault vienna 5 dice vs 3 dice
2/2 build 1 Cav in istanbul

I'm forced to waste a perfectly good event to try and get vienna before it is too late. I'm rolling the dice, tamas already declined to use cards on the last assault which had no result.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Ottoman:
Ottoman assault on vienna, hits on 5 and 6
OK I manage to hit twice and kill the remaining defenders
but then this happens, not enough to destroy me and I can take cavalry as casualties

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 3

Message from Ottoman:
Hapsburg defense of vienna, hits on 5 and 6.

ok, seriously people WTF?

In other news I take vienna.

Tamas

FYI I will be suing the Ottomans next turn which will give them 3VPs since I do need Vienna, after England felt like robbing me a key (France was sort of understandable).

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2012, 03:29:18 PM
FYI I will be suing the Ottomans next turn which will give them 3VPs since I do need Vienna, after England felt like robbing me a key (France was sort of understandable).

You do realize that Algiers is an ottoman home space don't you?

Solmyr

Quote from: sbr on August 31, 2012, 01:53:35 PM

I then proceeded to get kicked in the crotch 6 straight times on conversion attempts.

Shrewsbury should convert, no? You rolled a 6 at +1 vs the Papal plain 6. And you win ties in target zone anyway (Paul only wins ties in Counter-Ref).

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on August 31, 2012, 04:37:51 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 31, 2012, 01:53:35 PM

Shrewsbury should convert, no? You rolled a 6 at +1 vs the Papal plain 6. And you win ties in target zone anyway (Paul only wins ties in Counter-Ref).

Well shit, I fucked that up pretty well, and getting Shrewsbury would have changed everything.

sbr

I didn't realize that Paul only won ties during C-R attempts.  I thought the +1 meant I got an extra die in my 6 reformation attempts, but then I forgot to use that extra die.  :D

So had I paid attention and remembered the rules I would have gotten Shrewsbury (7 v 6), Strasburg (5 v 4), and Amsterdam (5 v 4) on my original roles.  I would have made at least 2 more conversion attempts in England had I gotten Shrewsbury, but it was my mistake and it would probably be too much to ask to redo it.*

*And yes that is my subtle way of asking.

ulmont

sbr

OK.  The rolls for Shrewsbury and Lincoln will stay.  I will make 4 more attempts, hopefully, all in England.

sbr

Alright redid my conversions.  I also moved the markers I forgot to move when I rage-closed the map after my turn.

Viking

Tamas is passing so solmyr, ulmont, then I play my home card and then ulmont plays two more cards.