News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Build a merc and a boat.  Pope is out of cards, so done for this turn.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on July 14, 2012, 07:36:41 PM
#83: 3 / John Zapolya

Message from France:
1/3 Build a merc in Paris
3/3 send an explorer

Seriously WTF?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Finished the German NT and went 0/5 on Reformation attempts.

Viking

Quote#34: 2 / Professional Rowers

Message from Ottoman:
1/2 Build 1Cav in Istanbul
2/2 Assault Belgrade

I take belgrade, but, like the hapsburgs, I take two losses.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Can I have a screenshot plz, with French troopnumbers also told?  :Embarrass:

Also, Max, we could only negotiate out in the open of course, but I would have sold my soul for the playing of the Zapolya event. I most certainly would have sold Metz for it. :)

sbr

4r+4m and Francis in Paris.  Everything else is just as it seems.  You need the Spain/France border?

Solmyr

Sbr, shouldn't you be able to try Prague or Breslau on the 6th attempt? If you run out of spaces in the target zone you are allowed to go elsewhere. At least with 95 theses you are totally allowed to target the Czechs, it's even in the example given in the rulebook.

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 04:13:00 AM
Sbr, shouldn't you be able to try Prague or Breslau on the 6th attempt? If you run out of spaces in the target zone you are allowed to go elsewhere. At least with 95 theses you are totally allowed to target the Czechs, it's even in the example given in the rulebook.

Hmmm, I don't know and am too drunk to try and read the rules.  My reformation attempts came from translating the German NT, I assumed I had to stay in the German zone while the 95 Theses can be anywhere.

Solmyr

You don't have to confine your Reformation attempts to the target zone (rules page 29 at the bottom, it's not a requirement), but you don't win ties outside it and don't autowin on a 6. The only time you must stay within the target zone is if you commit Carlstadt or Calvin for preaching sermons or when flipping spaces after debates.

Targeting Breslau would still give you 5 dice vs 1 so it's worth a try.

sbr

If everyone agrees to let me I will roll for that on my nest turn as the 6th space of my last turn.

Tamas

Thanks sbr! Also I am fine with the fix

#90: 5 / Printing Press

Message from Hapsburgs:
2/5: 1 regular to Vienna
4/5: 1 squadron to Barcelona
5/5: naval move, squadron in Seville to Atlantic Ocean, 2 squadrons in Barcelona to Gulf of Lyon

I'll assume no interception from the French

Solmyr

You gonna sit in Metz for long then, Tamas?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 07:29:10 AM

well I think you should progress with your conquest for now.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 07:29:10 AM

He has a garrison of 4 dudes in Metz, too small to threaten Paris or Lyon. Just large enough to get spring deployed to next turn. A Well played use of Chucki's special ability can have him taking lyon and marseilles in the near future.

Solmyr

He's had two impulses to get more stuff in there. Tamas, act decisively? Nevar! :P