News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 02:00:32 PM
By the way sbr, you probably know this already, but I recommend using your HC to pick up Printing Press and save it for next turn. And remember to roll the Breslau conversion.

That's pretty much a game winning move, playing printing press every turn and picking it up with the HC each turn pretty much wins the game for the Protestant since it gives one extra die per reformation attempt for the rest of the turn, not just impulse.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Attacker has to retreat where he came from, so he had to go to Boulogne. But since he didn't flag it, he couldn't go there, hence destruction.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on July 15, 2012, 02:03:34 PM
By the way sbr, you probably know this already, but I recommend using your HC to pick up Printing Press and save it for next turn. And remember to roll the Breslau conversion.

That's pretty much a game winning move, playing printing press every turn and picking it up with the HC each turn pretty much wins the game for the Protestant since it gives one extra die per reformation attempt for the rest of the turn, not just impulse.

Except he cannot pick it up again if he plays it as event.

Maximus

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 01:55:16 PM
Hey, I took a risk (although I didn't realize it worked like that). Max took a risk too, since if he lost, his army would have been destroyed instead.
Yea I had a bit of a brain fart on that one. I was saving the cps to attack Calais, but decided against it. As it was there was no reason not to flag boulogne

Solmyr

Quote from: Maximus on July 15, 2012, 02:07:53 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 01:55:16 PM
Hey, I took a risk (although I didn't realize it worked like that). Max took a risk too, since if he lost, his army would have been destroyed instead.
Yea I had a bit of a brain fart on that one. I was saving the cps to attack Calais, but decided against it. As it was there was no reason not to flag boulogne

You also cannot attack Calais (or at least, not siege or assault it), because I have more ships in the Channel than you.

Maximus

Good thing I decided against it then :D

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 02:04:32 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 15, 2012, 02:03:34 PM

Except he cannot pick it up again if he plays it as event.

ah.. the early days when we were still getting the rules wrong...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Speaking of which:

Quotetwo cards

First, play chin

Teleport Chuckie to Besancon

1/5 Move Freddy plus regulars to Besancon
3/5 Move Chin+Freddy plus 5R+1M to Lyon
5/5 Move Chin plus 3R to Marseilles

Second, play 3 CP card
1/3 flag geneva
2/3 assault Lyon 4 dice vs 2 dice
3/3 assault Marseilles 5 dice vs 2 dice
The way I read it, Charles couldn't move out of Lyons the same impulse it was put under siege. Am I wrong?

Solmyr

Tamas

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on July 15, 2012, 02:24:45 PM
Nope, you are right.

meh, so much for my cunning plan of distracting everybody...

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on July 15, 2012, 02:29:07 PM
so WTF happened?

Max destroyed the entire english army and captured both henry and brandon.

Tamas

sbr

I took Printing Press back and will be passing out the turn.

Viking

Am Passing out the turn.

Winter - (assuming nobody does anything in the east) - return everything except 2 Regulars in Belgrade to Istanbul (including fleets and cav).