And we're back!

Main Menu

Explain this dating thing

Started by Josquius, July 09, 2012, 02:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2012, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 10, 2012, 05:46:21 PM
It is inconceivable to me that Europeans can't understand dating when their monetary system has been a classic example of a date that started out with promise and excitement but then went horribly wrong.

Europeans believed the "just the tip" part.  :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-7zTzrSAA - NSFW
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on July 10, 2012, 06:02:29 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2012, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 10, 2012, 05:46:21 PM
It is inconceivable to me that Europeans can't understand dating when their monetary system has been a classic example of a date that started out with promise and excitement but then went horribly wrong.

Europeans believed the "just the tip" part.  :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-7zTzrSAA - NSFW

:)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Drakken on July 10, 2012, 10:45:24 AM

If you are a remotely average-looking guy getting laid is not that hard either - as long you show you have balls and you're not afraid of rejection,you don't crush on the hawt babe you have no chance with, you don't look straight out from Tri-Lambda in Revenge of the Nerds, and you don't sound like a serial killer when you talk.

You make it sound like it takes a degree in astrophysics (or to be some kind of rich jock straight out of Ivy League) for a straight guy to find someone to hook up with; even squirrels get laid with one another in nature. If you don't go out and don't show that you are available, no one's gonna give you that kind of attention.

Oh sure, its possible, but its nowhere near as easy for straight guys as it is for straight girls or gay guys (no clue about lesbians). The way gay guys tell it they just have to decide "I wanna get laid tonight" and they pop down to their local gay bar and ask around.
Even for partiuclarly skilled and attractive guys things are a lot more hit and miss, let alone the bulk of us.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive