Previous topic - Next topic

Which one is cooler?

Lance Henriksen
10 (34.5%)
Michael Fucking Ironside
19 (65.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

CountDeMoney

Inspired by some recent movie watching, and my "Who's Cooler: Ian Holm/Brian Cox" thread ages ago.

Lance Henriksen was Bishop.  He's got Terminator under his belt.  The Millennium TV series.  He was Frank fucking Black, was in The X Files, has done a ton of Sci-Fi B movies.  He's got a shitload of video game voice work on his CV:  Mass Effect, AvP, Call of Duty, Chronicles of Riddick.

edit:  Lance was also in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, if you remember.

Michael Fucking Ironside.  Starship Troopers. Total RecallScanners.  Goes back to the original V TV series. Col Archwood on Community.  Was on ER for a time in cool recurring role. Has done his share of video game voice work: Splinter Cell, Red Faction.  Was in the pretty intense nobody-saw-it-but-it-was-cool-as-shit film with Christian Bale in The Machinist.

As badass as Lance Henriksen is--and I think he's more of a total actor overall--my vote goes to Michael Fucking Ironside.  Dude, he was Jester.

Martinus

Never heard of either of them. Useless without pics.

CountDeMoney

Duque de Bragança

Brazen

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2012, 06:37:17 AM
Sigh.

Well, in this case it might jog the memory, though I'm not sure that's what Marty had in mind.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

I saw The Machinist. I'm still confused by it.

My vote goes to Ironside.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Lance Henrikson, though it's close.  Millennium pushes him ahead by a hair.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on July 10, 2012, 06:53:42 AM
Lance. He does pottery.

Don't know either of them, and this is as good a reason as any other to throw my vote one way or another.

So, Lance. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Tough question. Michael Ironsde is pretty typecast in his roles - see Starship Troopers, Total Recall, V. Love him in his roles, but he's mostly playing the same character (for which we all love him).

Henriksen is much more versatile, and his roles are, on the whole, more memorable to me (I especially liked him in Jum Jarmusch's Dead Man). So he gets my vote by a very slim margin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Only one of them was in the Right Stuff.
Of course the other one was in Scanners. 
Tough choice.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son