And we're back!

Main Menu

So I'm getting: CAT

Started by Martinus, July 09, 2012, 11:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2012, 01:12:45 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 09, 2012, 01:06:53 PM
You think dogs are inappropriate for being inside a house. More specifically, for being inside YOUR house. :contract:

That is what dog houses are for.

When your spouse won't let you get a dog?  :hmm:

Quote from: BBAnd for all that is good and Holy get them fixed.

This.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

I figured that this was another hyperchondriac thread and he was getting a CAT scan.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on July 09, 2012, 04:57:30 PM
Even if they are brother and sister, they are going to have major issues if they live in separate apartments, but are brought together for short periods of time.  Plus as Seedy said Cats aren't great travellers.

One of you should get one cat that you can both look after.  Or if you get two cats, they should stay together all the time so they have a close and stable bond relationship with each other.

And for all that is good and Holy get them fixed.

Indeed, if unfixed and living separately, they might mate, forming a line of Hapsburcats.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 09, 2012, 06:56:45 PM
Indeed, if unfixed and living separately, they might will mate, forming a line of Hapsburcats.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2012, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 09, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
If you don't name them "Ed Anger" and "CountDeMoney" respectively I will be: Dissapointed.

He wants to name his Tanya. I'm thinking of an appropriate Russian sounding name for mine. Imperatritsa Katarina has a nice tinge to it, but may be a bit of a mouthful.

You already fail at being ghey, now you fail at being Polish; ffs the bitch partioned poland!!!

This makes me wonder, do you fail at lawtalking as well since things tend to come in threes...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Honest answer.  I don't think Marty should get a cat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

The whole "they'll be playmates!!" separate-living arrangement is doomed to disappointment.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

I predict Marty will get tired of his new toy and discard it within 6 months.

That goes for the cat, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2012, 10:58:33 PM

:yes:
Don't forget the part where the two cats failure to get along as playmates creates serious tension and doubts in the relationship.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 09, 2012, 06:15:22 PM
:huh: My yard takes quite a bit of work but I outsource a lot of the boring shit (e.g. mowing the lawn).  I actually love to take care of my trees.... it's fun and good exercise.

Yeah well I am not outsourcing the mowing :P

But mainly the stupid Texas drought last year killed it.  It is mostly dirt now damn thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Pave it.  Live like a king of old.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

The playmates thing is not central to the cat acquisition idea.

Each of us wants to get a cat. Period. Cats can meet other cats occassionally - this is not some trauma for them I believe. We are not planning for them to be "playmates" nor we think that there will be more likely to be playmates because they are siblings.

You guys latch at a single thing and then extrapolate from it some crazy stuff. Jesus.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 09, 2012, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 09, 2012, 04:57:30 PM
Even if they are brother and sister, they are going to have major issues if they live in separate apartments, but are brought together for short periods of time.  Plus as Seedy said Cats aren't great travellers.

One of you should get one cat that you can both look after.  Or if you get two cats, they should stay together all the time so they have a close and stable bond relationship with each other.

And for all that is good and Holy get them fixed.

Indeed, if unfixed and living separately, they might mate, forming a line of Hapsburcats.

That may be difficult considering we are planning on getting two girls.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2012, 10:58:33 PM

I know this is a fun meme but I have been in this relationship for over 2 years now. :P

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 10, 2012, 02:38:17 AM

Each of us wants to get a cat. Period. Cats can meet other cats occassionally - this is not some trauma for them I believe.

you know nothing, Jon Snow