And we're back!

Main Menu

I got the annual bonus!

Started by Martinus, July 06, 2012, 02:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2012, 10:16:50 AM
Good job on the bonus.  :showoff:

Is it totally discretionary, or do you get it for making hours or billing targets?

It's discretionary. Billable hours are a strong contributing factor, though (although the higher you are, the less important they are, within reason). It largely depends on the partner leading the practice too.

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2012, 10:16:50 AMAs for who is the richest, I have no idea. Probably one of Lemonjello (assuming his ex and the real estate market didn't get it all), Caliga, Ed, CC or Joan are the top contenders. Though I sure *feel* a lot richer now, after paying off my mortgage.  :lol:

I have the mortgage on my current flat paid off so that's at least a fall back as I intend to keep the flat. Now, the new mortgage on the new flat (which I plan to begin works in this autumn) is another matter. :bleeding:

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2012, 06:57:27 AM
Cal seizes the moral high ground. :weep:
Not to difficult, since a) I like Mart, and b) I'm not jealous of his bonus, so I've got no reason to insult him about it or wave my own dick re: compensation. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 10:34:07 AM
Caliga? :unsure: He's certainly doing all right, but is he really that rich?  CC or Joan would be my guess, if bmolsson isn't posting under a sock puppet.
I doubt I'm in the same category as such notables as Ed Anger*, Lemonjello, CC, or JR.  In fact I know I'm not in the same category as Lemonjello, as I know he's f'real y'all.

*none of which is verifiable because he refuses to lay his cards on the table and meet up with anyone. :sleep:

edit: Also, not in the same category as Malthus.  I did just pay off my second mortgage (actually a HELOC), but still owe about $150K on the primary.  Should have that paid off in a few years, though (unless one of us loses a job).

The Brain

What does Malthus have to do with your mortgage?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 06:48:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 06, 2012, 06:44:28 PM
What does Malthus have to do with your mortgage?
:Joos
Yeah.  Duh, Brain.  Look at the small brain on Brain. :sleep:

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2012, 08:14:30 AM
I got a huge expansion of my job duties...and no more money   :mad:
That's about the time that I jump ship, chief.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 06, 2012, 06:36:29 PM

*none of which is verifiable because he refuses to lay his cards on the table and meet up with anyone. :sleep:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Some day I will find you and destroy you. :)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2012, 10:47:15 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 10:34:07 AM
Caliga? :unsure: He's certainly doing all right, but is he really that rich?  CC or Joan would be my guess, if bmolsson isn't posting under a sock puppet.

Dunno really, he's in management, owns a nice house and a boat.

that isn't very hard to do. :P

Ed Anger

I find the constant nosiness of some online to be annoying, and feeds the smidgen of paranoia I have.

katmai

Ed Anger