News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I got the annual bonus!

Started by Martinus, July 06, 2012, 02:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 08:52:41 AM
Pfft, I can get a severance package that's worth 2 months of my salary.  :blurgh:

My severance edges you out at 9 weeks' and three times my bonus, prorated for half the year.  :yeah:

Ideologue

Once you add them up, my bonuses will have probably put another month's wages onto my ledger.  I think they're taxed all funny though.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2012, 09:37:52 AM
Once you add them up, my bonuses will have probably put another month's wages onto my ledger.  I think they're taxed all funny though.

Taxed funny?  Care to elaborate on that?

Ideologue

Hmmm I could be wrong.  Now that I think about it, ~30% of that my gross was withheld, plus the 15% agency rakeoff for bonuses. (Taxes = :) ; agency cut = <_< )  It just seemed like a lot since it was like $400 and I really wanted to make three figures take-home that week.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Good job on the bonus.  :showoff:

Is it totally discretionary, or do you get it for making hours or billing targets?

I hope to get the bonus this year too (here, we get it for meeting certain hours targets).

As for who is the richest, I have no idea. Probably one of Lemonjello (assuming his ex and the real estate market didn't get it all), Caliga, Ed, CC or Joan are the top contenders. Though I sure *feel* a lot richer now, after paying off my mortgage.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Richard Hakluyt

The nice thing about owning one's home, at least for a pessimist like me, is that it makes it much easier to survive should bad things happen. We really could live on very little now, not that I want to, but it is much better than back in the day when the money had to flow.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 06, 2012, 10:21:23 AM
The nice thing about owning one's home, at least for a pessimist like me, is that it makes it much easier to survive should bad things happen. We really could live on very little now, not that I want to, but it is much better than back in the day when the money had to flow.
Yes, my monetary ambitions go little further than paying off the mortgage these days, everything after that is gravy. So about four numbers on the lottery should do it!

Ideologue

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2012, 09:37:52 AM

Actually more like a week or two.  I forgot how much money I make. :blush:
Kinemalogue

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on July 06, 2012, 10:16:50 AM
Good job on the bonus.  :showoff:

Is it totally discretionary, or do you get it for making hours or billing targets?

I hope to get the bonus this year too (here, we get it for meeting certain hours targets).

As for who is the richest, I have no idea. Probably one of Lemonjello (assuming his ex and the real estate market didn't get it all), Caliga, Ed, CC or Joan are the top contenders. Though I sure *feel* a lot richer now, after paying off my mortgage.  :lol:
Caliga? :unsure: He's certainly doing all right, but is he really that rich?  CC or Joan would be my guess, if bmolsson isn't posting under a sock puppet.

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on July 06, 2012, 10:33:08 AM
Actually more like a week or two.  I forgot how much money I make. :blush:

Are you: the 1%?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Fuck no, but I got used to making minimum wage and that was the number I was comparing it to. :lol:
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 06, 2012, 10:21:23 AM

Yup - though due to high property taxes, the money still must flow for me. Only not as much.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 10:34:07 AM
Caliga? :unsure: He's certainly doing all right, but is he really that rich?  CC or Joan would be my guess, if bmolsson isn't posting under a sock puppet.

Dunno really, he's in management, owns a nice house and a boat.

Really I have no clue as to how much other people own or make. Comparing income is like young children comparing genitals, apparently - not done in public and faintly embrarrasing even when done in private.  :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: dps on July 06, 2012, 09:23:04 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2012, 08:11:55 AM

I'd like to get a piece of that. :w00t: And all that money would be nice too.

So DGuller's stealing The Brain's lines?  Or has The Brain hijacked DGuller's account?
Crap, wrong shtick.  :unsure:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.