News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I got the annual bonus!

Started by Martinus, July 06, 2012, 02:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2012, 08:29:25 AM
Is Martinus now the richest man in languish?

A one month salary bonus isn't even 10%...There are some employers that have bonuses well over 100% of salary for higher level employees that are given for basically just sticking around, and 10% and up for almost anyone with a college degree. It isn't that they make more money than other people, it is just the way compensation is structured at those places.

I'm sure that Martinus makes a lot of money, but it could be he just managed to avoid getting fired for the past 12 months and they call a part of his salary a bonus. Or maybe he is the office superstar.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2012, 09:55:51 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on July 06, 2012, 08:29:25 AM
Is Martinus now the richest man in languish?

A one month salary bonus isn't even 10%...There are some employers that have bonuses well over 100% of salary for higher level employees that are given for basically just sticking around, and 10% and up for almost anyone with a college degree. It isn't that they make more money than other people, it is just the way compensation is structured at those places.

I'm sure that Martinus makes a lot of money, but it could be he just managed to avoid getting fired for the past 12 months and they call a part of his salary a bonus. Or maybe he is the office superstar.

Yeah that was silly from Mono, based on this news, as I didn't list absolute amounts, so it could have been 100% of 500 bucks for all we know. :P

Btw, bonus in our office is quite rare - the range is from 25% to 150% of monthly salary, but I'd say only about 10-20% of people get any at all. So, no, this is not a "hidden compensation" scheme.

Threviel

Quote from: Martinus on July 07, 2012, 01:31:59 AM

Yeah that was silly from Mono, based on this news, as I didn't list absolute amounts, so it could have been 100% of 500 bucks for all we know. :P

Btw, bonus in our office is quite rare - the range is from 25% to 150% of monthly salary, but I'd say only about 10-20% of people get any at all. So, no, this is not a "hidden compensation" scheme.

I'm sure you've already posted it somewhere, but what is the income limit in Poland to belong to the 1%?

The Brain

50,000 pre-owned pairs of glasses OR 200 tons of hair.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

A paycheck that the recipient can actually read.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: katmai on July 06, 2012, 07:15:52 PM
Cal is Ed's DAD!?!?! :o

Heck, I didn't even know that Cal was kept alive by cybernetics.

Martinus

Quote from: Threviel on July 07, 2012, 02:15:31 AM

I'm sure you've already posted it somewhere, but what is the income limit in Poland to belong to the 1%?
No idea - can't find that online after a cursory check. What's the threshold (rather than limit, I think?) in the US?

Threviel

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2012, 01:48:44 AM

No idea - can't find that online after a cursory check. What's the threshold (rather than limit, I think?) in the US?

I don't know about the US, but in sweden the top 1% makes about 1,65 MSEK or about 230 000 $ or 190 000 €. I was just wondering how my rather average salary compares to polish top percent.

Martinus

Quote from: Threviel on July 09, 2012, 02:11:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2012, 01:48:44 AM

I don't know about the US, but in sweden the top 1% makes about 1,65 MSEK or about 230 000 $ or 190 000 €. I was just wondering how my rather average salary compares to polish top percent.

Well, all I could find is that apparently, there are 50 thousand people in Poland which is about 0.2% of the productive age populace, who earn over 20 000 zloty per month (which is about 4 700 € per month i.e. 56 400 € per annum).

It seems I'm below the Swedish 1% btw but Polish zloty exchange rate has been attrocious. :P

Siege

I didn't know there was that much money in sucking toes.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on July 07, 2012, 03:55:39 AM
A paycheck that the recipient can actually read.

Your illiteracy isn't your employer's fault.