Chris Christie on His Weight: 'If It Were Easy, I'd Already Have It Fixed'

Started by garbon, July 03, 2012, 09:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 03, 2012, 04:36:38 PM
According the NYT Sunday Magazine Fat Boy has memorized the lyrics to every Springsteen song ever recorded.

Erection...lost.  :(

I loathe Springsteen.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Springsteen is great in concert... seen him twice.  Just make sure you go take a pee break when he interrupts his set to talk about the political shit. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Octavian

Quote from: PDH on July 03, 2012, 04:39:24 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 03, 2012, 02:17:36 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 03, 2012, 11:08:16 AM

I mean, I lost 120 lbs as a teenager. It's not easy, but it's a matter of eating right.

Wait until you have 40 to lose after your 40th birthday. That 120 lbs will seem like a cakewalk. Then, eating right was enough. Past 40, it takes a lot more to lose a lot less.

Bullshit, I lost 120 lbs starting at 40.  I am 46 now, and I have maintained that loss since.  It took the simple measure of eating less and getting up off my ass and exercising.  The biggest problem I have now is that I don't naturally exercise like I did at 20, but with effort I can raise my metabolism quite a bit.

Well you are not a woman with several kids. That is tougher but not impossible. The formula for doing it is what you write. Eat less and exercise. However finding the motivation for actually doing it is the real challenge.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2012, 04:32:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2012, 09:30:46 AM
His weight isn't the problem.  His personality is.

I love his personality. :wub:

Every time he abuses a reporter, I get an erection.

Meh, it was quaint his first 3 months in office.  Now he's just a dick.

Ed Anger

Maybe we can get Biden and Christie to join forces. F-bomb and asshole would be hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2012, 06:37:21 PM
:yes: He's overplayed that shtick to the ground.  Now he just comes off like a boorish douchebag.

Faeelin

Quote from: DGuller on July 03, 2012, 07:10:33 PM
:yes: He's overplayed that shtick to the ground.  Now he just comes off like a boorish douchebag.

Although he's more popular with Jerseyans so ever. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/poll_gov_christies_popularity.html. I guess they disagree?

DGuller

Quote from: Faeelin on July 03, 2012, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 03, 2012, 07:10:33 PM

Although he's more popular with Jerseyans so ever. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/poll_gov_christies_popularity.html. I guess they disagree?
Our governor is more than just a tired shtick, thankfully.  He's a pretty effective governor despite all the showboating, and I'm sure that factors into his popularity on the margins.

merithyn

Quote from: Octavian on July 03, 2012, 06:31:35 PM
Well you are not a woman with several kids. That is tougher but not impossible. The formula for doing it is what you write. Eat less and exercise. However finding the motivation for actually doing it is the real challenge.

That's not taking into account hormone levels, insulin-resistance, health concerns, etc. Those things directly affect how much the body holds onto fat and builds muscle, which alters how much less a person has to eat and how much more they have to exercise. It isn't about motivation - but thanks for implying that I'm lazy. Rather, it's about finding the right recipe for each individual person. What works/worked for PDH won't work for everyone, anymore than what works for me will work for everyone.

The human body is far too complex for there to ever be a "simple" solution to anything, and it's ridiculous to assume that what works for one works for all.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote"I think folks say - yeah, well he must just not be disciplined, you know, or he must not have willpower - that kind of thing. I guess the best analogy to make is some people drink too much. Some people take drugs. Some people eat too much. See, you can go live every day without drinking. You can live every day without taking drugs. You can't live every without eating."

:hmm:  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit obesity.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Quote from: Faeelin on July 03, 2012, 11:08:16 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 03, 2012, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 03, 2012, 10:24:43 AM
Losing weight is easy. It's getting in shape that's hard.

Spoken like a young man.

I mean, I lost 120 lbs as a teenager. It's not easy, but it's a matter of eating right.

Good Lord.  I could make a whole slightly overweight woman out of that.  Congrats on your will, my friend.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

The dude's got a lot of weight to shed, and we don't know how much is his body makeup versus how much is just him liking to eat.  I'm not usually gonna be the one to defend the fat guy, but I'm trying and failing miserably at getting started with losing 30 pounds- for some people, it really isn't easy.
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2012, 04:41:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 03, 2012, 04:36:38 PM
According the NYT Sunday Magazine Fat Boy has memorized the lyrics to every Springsteen song ever recorded.

Erection...lost.  :(

I loathe Springsteen.  :mad:

Sometimes I don't get you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)