Calling Languish parents: Why did you decide to have children?

Started by Martinus, July 02, 2012, 04:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Is it not more likely that, if someone is stupid, it's Martinus?  I mean, we all know him, and we know that he's stupid.  He's got a sort of base cunning that he uses to trick unsuspecting victims into thinking he's a lawyer, but he's still pretty stupid.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on July 05, 2012, 07:51:09 AM
Is it not more likely that, if someone is stupid, it's Martinus?  I mean, we all know him, and we know that he's stupid.  He's got a sort of base cunning that he uses to trick unsuspecting victims into thinking he's a lawyer, but he's still pretty stupid.
:lol:

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:28:35 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2012, 05:14:35 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 05, 2012, 04:56:52 AM
Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house.

Homo Alone? :yeahright:

I was hardly ever alone - our household consisted of my grandmother, my mother, my unmarried childless aunt and my father, so had pretty much four people raising only me.
That reminds me, how many Polacks does it take to raise a Polack?  More than four, evidently.  :(

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on July 05, 2012, 08:24:25 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2012, 05:14:35 AM
Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house.

Homo Alone? :yeahright:

I was hardly ever alone - our household consisted of my grandmother, my mother, my unmarried childless aunt and my father, so had pretty much four people raising only me.

That reminds me, how many Polacks does it take to raise a Polack?  More than four, evidently.  :(

Well, my aunt is Raz-like and her father (my maternal grandfather) was also nuts. :P

So I'm always on the look-out for the first signs of hereditary insanity.

Maximus

Quote from: Phillip V on July 05, 2012, 05:46:50 AM
Nice. I'd also like to raise my children in an extended household.
You want your kids to be like Martinus?

Valdemar

So what exactly makes you think you haven't already been hit by genetics?

V

Martinus

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 09:05:04 AM
So what exactly makes you think you haven't already been hit by genetics?

V

I'm able to function in the society. Somewhat.

I have a theory everyone is insane. It's not a problem as long as you keep functioning. Same with alcoholism.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 09:02:06 AM
Well, my aunt is Raz-like and her father (my maternal grandfather) was also nuts. :P

So I'm always on the look-out for the first signs of hereditary insanity.
:hmm:  By now you should be on the look-out for fourth signs of hereditary insanity.

Eddie Teach

I made the mistake of reading the last page before the previous one which I'd also not read. This resulted in a brief twinge of sympathy for Martinus.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 05, 2012, 05:52:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:47:44 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:31:46 AM
Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house. We also worry that we'd be selfish parents, though that seldom turns out to be the case.

Casual reply... My wife is a single child, but the discussion has never been whether or not to have kids, only how many

V

Perhaps your wife is just unintelligent? :)

this is the stuff why I am growing increasingly tired of you. What need was there for that comment?

He just recently said that he hopes CC's whole family dies of cancer. The above comment was nothing but tame in comparison.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2012, 01:19:22 PM-Personalities - lots of different kinds of personalities make wonderful parents.  From easygoing to hardnosed, hoghbrow to lowbrow, all can make good parents.  If someone is a psycopath unable to empathize with others they should probably not have children - but the personality types who absolutely should not have children are pretty limited.

With this reasoning I think we've reached a middle ground. By that criterion, it's best if Marty doesn't have kids; but the rest of us are good to go. Thus we can all be satisfied.

Well done :cheers:

garbon

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:52:57 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:47:44 AM

Perhaps your wife is just unintelligent? :)

Listen, you limpdicked sad excuse for a real lawyer

poke all the fun you will at me, make all snide remarks, do what ever rocks your boat, but leave my wife and kids out of this.

I don't make fun of your parents or your lover, only of you. Be man enough to keep it personal and leave family out of this.

Do NOT go down that route.

V

Aren't you the one who brought up your wife? I agree that what he's doing is crass but if you didn't want him to attack her, not sure why you brought her up in this quagmire of a thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on July 05, 2012, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2012, 01:19:22 PM-Personalities - lots of different kinds of personalities make wonderful parents.  From easygoing to hardnosed, hoghbrow to lowbrow, all can make good parents.  If someone is a psycopath unable to empathize with others they should probably not have children - but the personality types who absolutely should not have children are pretty limited.

With this reasoning I think we've reached a middle ground. By that criterion, it's best if Marty doesn't have kids; but the rest of us are good to go. Thus we can all be satisfied.

Well done :cheers:

Is he our only psychopath? :ph34r:

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2012, 11:59:52 AMIs he our only psychopath? :ph34r:

Well, I'm not trained to render that diagnosis, least of all over the net; but it's clear that Martinus is severely emotionally stunted, that he's a useless human being, that the world would have been better off without him, and that it's a blessing that he's not going to breed.

As for other members of languish? Some exhibit some of those qualities, but not to that obvious extreme.