Calling Languish parents: Why did you decide to have children?

Started by Martinus, July 02, 2012, 04:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house. We also worry that we'd be selfish parents, though that seldom turns out to be the case.

The Brain

Quote from: Brazen on July 05, 2012, 04:56:52 AM
Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house.

Homo Alone? :yeahright:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2012, 05:14:35 AM
Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house.

I was hardly ever alone - our household consisted of my grandmother, my mother, my unmarried childless aunt and my father, so had pretty much four people raising only me.

Valdemar

Casual observation - Mart and I are both only children. I think it's harder for us to imagine having children without having grown up with others in the house. We also worry that we'd be selfish parents, though that seldom turns out to be the case.

Casual reply... My wife is a single child, but the discussion has never been whether or not to have kids, only how many

V

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:28:35 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 05, 2012, 05:14:35 AM

I was hardly ever alone - our household consisted of my grandmother, my mother, my unmarried childless aunt and my father, so had pretty much four people raising only me.
Nice. I'd also like to raise my children in an extended household.

Martinus

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:31:46 AM

Casual reply... My wife is a single child, but the discussion has never been whether or not to have kids, only how many

V

Perhaps your wife is just unintelligent? :)

The Brain

V

Zero. Zero is a number.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:47:44 AM

V

this is the stuff why I am growing increasingly tired of you. What need was there for that comment?

Valdemar

Listen, you limpdicked sad excuse for a real lawyer

poke all the fun you will at me, make all snide remarks, do what ever rocks your boat, but leave my wife and kids out of this.

I don't make fun of your parents or your lover, only of you. Be man enough to keep it personal and leave family out of this.

Do NOT go down that route.

V

Martinus

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:52:57 AM

poke all the fun you will at me, make all snide remarks, do what ever rocks your boat, but leave my wife and kids out of this.

I don't make fun of your parents or your lover, only of you. Be man enough to keep it personal and leave family out of this.

V

Request denied. Especially when you yourself quote her as a proof of something, it's pretty normal to counter that with an observation that perhaps her experience is not that relevant because she is just stupid. She married you after all.

Which (genetics be damned), implies that your children are likely to be stupid as well.

Martinus

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:55:30 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:53:52 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 05:52:57 AM

V

Request denied.

you really really shold have thought before you typed....

V

I know. I wrote a longer post in the "l'esprit d'escalier" before you responded.

Valdemar

It cant take much to be a lawyer in poland if that kind of argument holds water, no wonder most Poles try for work in the rest of europe and fail miserably at anything that require they read the instructions.

V

Martinus

Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 06:00:05 AM
It cant take much to be a lawyer in poland if that kind of argument holds water, no wonder most Poles try for work in the rest of europe and fail miserably at anything that require they read the instructions.

V

Wow, that retort was lame.  :lol:

Valdemar

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 05:53:52 AM

Request denied. Especially when you yourself quote her as a proof of something, it's pretty normal to counter that with an observation that perhaps her experience is not that relevant because she is just stupid. She married you after all.

Which (genetics be damned), implies that your children are likely to be stupid as well.

You really are solidly stupid.

I didn't quote her as proof, as the sentence said it was a casual observation to counter another casual observation. It says nothing of my wife, her intelligence, our childrens' intelligence, or whether or not the fact Brazen was a lone child as well is significant or not. In fac tthat sentence says Nothing about my wife other than the statistical fact she is a single child.

It really takes an idiot who thinks he can argue to turn THAT sentence into proof that you can blatantly abuse my wife and children in that way. The fact you mentioned your parents earlier hasn't lead me to think I could abuse them or their factulties for letting you live instead of drowning you in the beet soup.

I really thought some sort of exam was required in Poland for universities, I guess I was wrong.

V

Valdemar

Quote from: Martinus on July 05, 2012, 06:03:26 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on July 05, 2012, 06:00:05 AM

V

Wow, that retort was lame.  :lol:

I edited it before I posted... something you fail to do, you apparently feel much more secure in editing after I reply, hence my second response.

V