UK won't extradite sex offender accused of raping, molesting girls in US

Started by jimmy olsen, June 29, 2012, 10:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2012, 06:30:36 AMRape and assbanging children are Family Funtastic pasttimes over there.

Catholic Church doesn't have that much influence anymore, man.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Iormlund on June 30, 2012, 06:36:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2012, 06:30:36 AMRape and assbanging children are Family Funtastic pasttimes over there.

Catholic Church doesn't have that much influence anymore, man.

Lulz, nice try, Roman.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2012, 06:20:02 AM
If that were the case, Marty would've been killed ages ago.
To be fair, there are probably some downsides to Ide's idea too.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

"While Sullivan's girlfriend delayed police at the front door of her town home, Sullivan crawled into the attic, broke a hole through the ceiling of an adjoining town home, and evaded police by hiding there until the search was over," the suit says. Later, "Sullivan had his girlfriend drive him to the airport, and ... fled the country."

In phone interviews, the ex-girlfriend, whom the Star Tribune is not naming because she has not been charged with any crime, said that at the time she had no idea Sullivan was accused of abusing minors.

"I thought he was normal," she said. "I thought he was really handsome and charming."

Phillip V

Later across the ocean...
====
At the time he was living with Ministry of Justice policy manager Sarah Smith at her £1 million house in Barnes, South-West London. The couple have since married.

Miss Smith, 34, gave evidence at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London in support of Sullivan on at least two occasions, according to a ten-page judgment made by District Judge Howard Riddle.

At one point, the judge said: 'She was a good and convincing witness.'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on June 30, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
====
At the time he was living with Ministry of Justice policy manager Sarah Smith at her £1 million house in Barnes, South-West London. The couple have since married.

Miss Smith, 34, gave evidence at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London in support of Sullivan on at least two occasions, according to a ten-page judgment made by District Judge Howard Riddle.

At one point, the judge said: 'She was a good and convincing witness.'

This is pretty bizarre.

Razgovory

Huh, looked it up.  The US has no problem extraditing it's citizens to other countries, though it depends on the treaty.  You kill a person in Canada and flee to the US, I think the government will extradite your ass to the maple syrup Gulag.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on June 30, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
====

It's nice to know this case isn't really about being sent back to the US then.

Ed Anger

Quote£1 million house in Barnes, South-West London

2 bedroom, 500 square feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 30, 2012, 05:15:00 PM
Quote£1 million house in Barnes, South-West London

2 bedroom, 500 square feet.

He'll need a rape room.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on June 30, 2012, 06:34:21 AM
In seriousness, I don't believe the USSC has ruled directly on the issue of whether death penalties for non-murder crimes are intrinsically unconstitutional (iirc, the successful attacks on the death penalty have involved due process, not the cruelty and unusualness of the punishment).

IIRC, they never have actually said that the death penalty is only constitutional in murder cases, but they have ruled out its use in every other crime when they've had the opportunity.  They've never ruled on its use in the case of treason, and there's some reason to believe that they would uphold it as a punishment for treason.