News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's this? Another BarristerBoy?

Started by Barrister, June 29, 2012, 12:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Came home today.  It's only one day in but we've been far, far luckier with how BBoy#1 has treated BBoy#2 than I expected.  He immediately knew it was a baby, wouldn't leave his side for several minutes, wanted to see what baby was doing.  There was no "get away from MY mommy" kind of moments.  And when he was going to bed he even said "night night baby" without any prompting from us.

But it's only one day.   :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Congrats, Beeb.  May he wear many kinds of pleated plants.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Faeelin

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2012, 10:12:24 PM
Came home today.  It's only one day in but we've been far, far luckier with how BBoy#1 has treated BBoy#2 than I expected.  He immediately knew it was a baby, wouldn't leave his side for several minutes, wanted to see what baby was doing.  There was no "get away from MY mommy" kind of moments.  And when he was going to bed he even said "night night baby" without any prompting from us.

What's the age difference?

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on June 30, 2012, 10:18:57 AM

We celebrated little Tim's 2nd birthday May 31st.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 29, 2012, 02:57:45 AM
So you named him after two princes, one a crook and one a closeted homo? Well done!

The fact that both names were for Princes never crossed my mind. :o

Still my Royalist soul can think of worse things to do then name my kid after royalty.  :cool:

Quote from: Martinus
Btw, no congratulations from me at this stage - I tend not to congratulate people on achieving goals doable by an average amoeba. Will congratulate you in 18 years if you do a good job raising him.

All I did was hold my wife's hand and say "remember to breath", so I deserve no congratulations. -_-

But since the physical pain and exhaustion that my wife went through is unbelievable unless you've seen it, I dare say some "congratulations" are pretty fairly sent her way.

MadImmortalMan

There are so many ahead...

I told my younger brother the toilet had alligators in it, and they'd bite him. He's anal retentive to this day.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2012, 01:52:23 PM

That's what I was thinking but then doubted my self because that seemed really close together. 

My daughters are 18 months apart and they struggled to get along for a long time.  Of course they also had to share a bedroom so never could get away from each other.  They fought a lot, though not physically.  The mids were 11 and 13 when the ex and I split up for the last time 5 years ago and since then they have become really close.  I don't know if it was connected to their mom and I splitting up again or if they just reached a certain age at nearly the same time. 

They get along great now that they are 16 and 18 and at times are almost inseparable.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2012, 01:52:23 PM

:hmm:  So, two years and one month?