Speedos Kill: Cyclist charged with vehicular manslaughter

Started by CountDeMoney, June 21, 2012, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Bikers are annoying.  They generally ignore stop signs and read lights. 
PDH!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Read is the new red is the new black.

Fuck all the cyclist*

Phrase I cannot say at work since everyone is a god damn cyclist fag.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

And at the final gun, it's Jeep 1 Schwinn 0.

Then again, the only thing as dumb than driving drunk is bicycling at 2 in the morning on Route 1, when all the bars are closing.

QuoteA 44-year-old Snow Hill cyclist was killed early July 1 when his bicycle was struck as he rode in the merge lane onto Route 1 just north of Rehoboth Beach.

Police say a 2003 Jeep Wrangler, driven by Brian C. Meegan, 38, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., struck the rear of Russell E. Henman's bicycle about 2:08 a.m. Police say Henman was thrown off the bike onto the hood of the Jeep and was carried about 400 feet until the Jeep struck a curb and stopped, throwing Henman onto the roadway.

Henman died at the scene.

Police said Meegan fled in the Jeep, pulling into a nearby parking lot. He got out and pulled Henman's bike from under the Jeep before responding troopers stopped him a short time later.

Police said Meegan was charged with one count each of vehicular homicide first degree, leaving the scene of a collision resulting in death, driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to report an accident resulting in injury or death, no proof of motor vehicle insurance, and inattentive driving. He was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 3 and jailed at Sussex Correctional Institution for lack of $27,700 cash bail.

Police said Meegan was not injured.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2012, 12:26:06 PM
And at the final gun, it's Jeep 1 Schwinn 0.

Then again, the only thing as dumb than driving drunk is bicycling at 2 in the morning on Route 1, when all the bars are closing.

QuoteA 44-year-old Snow Hill cyclist was killed early July 1 when his bicycle was struck as he rode in the merge lane onto Route 1 just north of Rehoboth Beach.

Police say a 2003 Jeep Wrangler, driven by Brian C. Meegan, 38, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., struck the rear of Russell E. Henman's bicycle about 2:08 a.m. Police say Henman was thrown off the bike onto the hood of the Jeep and was carried about 400 feet until the Jeep struck a curb and stopped, throwing Henman onto the roadway.

Henman died at the scene.

Police said Meegan fled in the Jeep, pulling into a nearby parking lot. He got out and pulled Henman's bike from under the Jeep before responding troopers stopped him a short time later.

Police said Meegan was charged with one count each of vehicular homicide first degree, leaving the scene of a collision resulting in death, driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to report an accident resulting in injury or death, no proof of motor vehicle insurance, and inattentive driving. He was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 3 and jailed at Sussex Correctional Institution for lack of $27,700 cash bail.

Police said Meegan was not injured.

Wouldn't that more accurately be, DWI 1 Victim 0 ?

By the sound of it the speed he was doing would have been enough to kill/seriously injure most other road uses.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 02, 2012, 12:45:44 PM
Wouldn't that more accurately be, DWI 1 Victim 0 ?

Just can't give Jeep their props, huh?  :glare:

Warspite

Fuck you all, I wear lycra shorts when I cycle on my expensive road bike. (It's not multi-coloured, though - I'm not a hipster twat.)
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Neil

Quote from: Warspite on July 02, 2012, 02:39:35 PM
Fuck you all, I wear lycra shorts when I cycle on my expensive road bike. (It's not multi-coloured, though - I'm not a hipster twat.)
Lycra?  Bike?  You might not be a hipster twat,  but if you combine those elements, you have to be either or.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017