Speedos Kill: Cyclist charged with vehicular manslaughter

Started by CountDeMoney, June 21, 2012, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on June 21, 2012, 08:29:11 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 21, 2012, 08:26:00 PM
The only thing in the coffin was a rusty chain and a bent handlebar.  :(

What's that got to do with paying the bill?

I don't know.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 21, 2012, 09:04:11 PM
I fucking wear jean shorts and a t-shirt when I bike.  I am biking to burn calories, fuck the pricks in bike shorts and a pseudo-team tour de france shirt. 

I also stop at stop signs and yell at bike riders who don't.  I am a grumpy old man and I earned the right to dress down the idiots.

:cheers:

Kindred spirits ? :unsure:

Though, I wear heavy jeans, year around, as given the state of the roads in England I prefer to keep as much of my skin as possible, if I should come off. 

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 08:00:09 PM

Software developer Chris Bucchere, 36, is accused of recklessly speeding downhill through a red light and into an intersection crowded with pedestrians in the city's Castro District on March 29. He struck Sutchi Hui, 71, who was crossing the street with his wife and died of his injuries four days later.

What a poorly written sentence.  It makes it sound like the biker struck the pedestrian with his with, not his bike.  Whose wife, I'm not sure.

PDH

Too hot to wear long jeans in the summer, some days it is up to 70 degrees!  Since I am riding a mountain bike now (no cash for my long awaited road bike) I am not too worried about staying on my bike, it works fine.

That is another plus.  I don't fucking ride a $5000 bike with a carbon fiber frame and $600 computer on it that keeps track of my route, mileage, calories burned and angle of inclination.  I am riding to fucking stay fit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: dps on June 21, 2012, 09:10:22 PM

Software developer Chris Bucchere, 36, is accused of recklessly speeding downhill through a red light and into an intersection crowded with pedestrians in the city's Castro District on March 29. He struck Sutchi Hui, 71, who was crossing the street with his wife and died of his injuries four days later.

What a poorly written sentence.  It makes it sound like the biker struck the pedestrian with his with, not his bike.  Whose wife, I'm not sure.

Wait, men with wives are in the Castro?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Out in northern Baltimore County, in Hunt Valley and the general vicinity where my sister lives, the cycletards turn a 20 minute drive through horse country into a 35 minute Bataan Death March at 15 mph on the weekends, when all the urban hipster fuckwits from the city come out and show up with their bike-racked Priuses and Mini-Coopers, and totally choke out the single lane roads with their ultra lightweight bike frames, racing wheels, and bullshit multi-colored Italian racing team uniforms. 
Total fucking bullshit, and I hate them with a passion reserved only for the Chicoms, pedophiles and venture capitalists that think they create jobs.

PDH

I hate packs of riders in their team jerseys.  Last weekend I passed a group of about 10 on my normal route, and they were so upset that an overweight guy on a mountain bike passed them that 2 took off and passed me then slowed down to get the congratulations of the rest of the pack.

I just kept riding and listening to Tool on my MP3 player.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on June 21, 2012, 09:18:42 PM
I hate packs of riders in their team jerseys.  Last weekend I passed a group of about 10 on my normal route, and they were so upset that an overweight guy on a mountain bike passed them that 2 took off and passed me then slowed down to get the congratulations of the rest of the pack.

I just kept riding and listening to Tool on my MP3 player.

You are the fucking man, man.

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 21, 2012, 09:12:51 PM
Too hot to wear long jeans in the summer, some days it is up to 70 degrees!  Since I am riding a mountain bike now (no cash for my long awaited road bike) I am not too worried about staying on my bike, it works fine.

That is another plus.  I don't fucking ride a $5000 bike with a carbon fiber frame and $600 computer on it that keeps track of my route, mileage, calories burned and angle of inclination.  I am riding to fucking stay fit.

One of my shopping/commuting routes is down the valley to the next town, a round trip of under 20 miles along a nice flat relative quiet road.
Well part of this route is used by some cycling clubs for time trials etc, so quite often there's me on my 30 quid single speed or little folding bike and I'm over taken by these guys on road bikes with aerobars, aerodynamic helmets the full works.

What I find odd, is the vast majority of them get to the start point at the bottom of my town, by car.   :hmm:

Weirdly the other day one of them actually said hello as he passed me, that the first time one of the members of that 'tribe' has acknowledged me. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2012, 09:19:31 PM

You are the fucking man, man.

Let me tell you, a lot more calories are burned trying to find a good pedal cadence to Aenima than most any other music.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Another elderly person falls to the spandex banana hammock crowd.  WHEN WILL THE CYCLING MADNESS END

Turns about fair play. The pedal monkies always fuck with the auto drivers. Fuck him, hopefully he does time in the big house.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".