German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault

Started by Zanza, June 27, 2012, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

The Ministry of Justice has proposed the following new legislation:

The personal custody of the parents also includes the right to consent to a medically unnecessary circumcision of a male child that can not understand or decide by itself if this circumcision is conducted according to the medical art. If it is against the child's best interest (e.g. medical counterindication), it may not be conducted.

In the first six months of the child's life, a "specially qualified person" (e.g. a Jewish Mohel) may conduct the operation. After that, only physicians are allowed to. Furthermore, anesthesia may be required in individual cases.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on September 25, 2012, 11:00:58 AM

The personal custody of the parents also includes the right to consent to a medically unnecessary circumcision of a male child that can not understand or decide by itself if this circumcision is conducted according to the medical art. If it is against the child's best interest (e.g. medical counterindication), it may not be conducted.

In the first six months of the child's life, a "specially qualified person" (e.g. a Jewish Mohel) may conduct the operation. After that, only physicians are allowed to. Furthermore, anesthesia may be required in individual cases.

Sounds reasonable. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on September 25, 2012, 11:00:58 AM

One step closer to Eurabia.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 25, 2012, 11:51:27 AM
We'll have to find another way to piss off the Germans :(
I'm sure that idiots will still rage hard against circumcision.  And just the fact that the US exists is enough to anger them anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vricklund

Anyone know why South Koreans cut their kids? They don't strike me as tribal.

Barrister

USAian influence from the Korean war?  Influence of modern Christianity?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: Vricklund on September 25, 2012, 01:52:16 PM
Anyone know why South Koreans cut their kids? They don't strike me as tribal.

It's only South Korea, so I'm guessing American influence.

Crazy_Ivan80

mongers

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 25, 2012, 03:42:21 PM
the tribes, the uncivilised and the nutters.

Yeah, it's telling that in Europe, the stronghold of this practice is the Former Yugoslavia. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on September 25, 2012, 03:52:46 PM

Yeah, it's telling that in Europe, the stronghold of this practice is the Former Yugoslavia. 

Telling that Europeans brutally murdered most of the people who practiced it.  But we are the uncivilzed and nutty ones  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2012, 03:55:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 25, 2012, 03:52:46 PM

Telling that Europeans brutally murdered most of the people who practiced it.  But we are the uncivilzed and nutty ones  :lol:

The "stronghold" in former Yugoslavia is probably Bosnian Muslims - another group Europeans have attempted to exterminate, albeit more recently.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius