German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault

Started by Zanza, June 27, 2012, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 03:09:22 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2012, 03:08:58 PM
You're doubting my penis? It has come to this?

Yes.

My penis is big enough. It may not be huge but it... You know what? It does the job! OK? Fuck you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2012, 03:01:48 PM
Americans think that tattooing the infant's penis is OK.

Those generally grow too. :secret:

Well maybe not in Scandistan... :(

I didn''t want to bring it up, but - the goat was laughing at you.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2012, 03:11:02 PM
My penis is big enough. It may not be huge but it... You know what? It does the job! OK? Fuck you.

I'm good but thanks. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 27, 2012, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 27, 2012, 03:01:48 PM
Americans think that tattooing the infant's penis is OK.

Those generally grow too. :secret:

Well maybe not in Scandistan... :(

I didn''t want to bring it up, but - the goat was laughing at you.

Why you watching 'em, perv?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: Malthus on June 27, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
Obviously, medical advice has moved on since Dr. Kellogg's time. Or are you seriously claiming that Americans in this century circumcise children to prevent them from wanking?
No, they do it(and doctors recommend it) because it's the status quo. Dr Kellogg was influential in the US medical field, not so much in the rest of the world.

Martinus

Ah, this thread wouldn't be complete without the Mother of the Year sharing with us her pearls of wisdom.

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on June 27, 2012, 02:57:56 PM
I gotta agree with the Brain here. There are a lot of things I want to say here, but you would only read "you are a horrible mother" and "you don't love your child" into what I wrote, so I'm not going to say anything more about this.

I doubt it. If you think you're the only person to think that I shouldn't have done so, you're very wrong. Of course, there were plenty of people who told me that I shouldn't have had my boys circumsized, too. And that I should have breastfed longer, and that I shouldn't have given them solid food when I did.

Ultimately, I made choices for my children that worked for our family, and they've all survived, and in fact, thrived because of or despite those choices. But the fact remains that they were MY choices for MY children, and the state had no place in any of them. I don't see these types of decisions to have long-term deliterious affects, and so should not require the state's okay regardless of which choice was made.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2012, 03:25:17 PM
Ah, this thread wouldn't be complete without the Mother of the Year sharing with us her pearls of wisdom.

It's true. Probably better to listen to the childless manchild who hates children.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2012, 03:32:33 PM

It's true. Probably better to listen to the childless manchild who hates children.

What does CdM have to do with this?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

0/10

Now, if you had managed to work 'listen to your body' in there somehow, it might have been funny.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on June 27, 2012, 03:35:48 PM

Hey, I'm not the Polish fag lawyer that would've done Sandusky's defense pro bono, so fuck you.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 27, 2012, 03:35:48 PM

Out of respect to him, I'm not touching the issue of him treating his cats like children. -_-

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on June 27, 2012, 03:22:31 PM
No, they do it(and doctors recommend it) because it's the status quo. Dr Kellogg was influential in the US medical field, not so much in the rest of the world.

It was not really a recomendation so much as a box to check. 

'Circumcision?'

'Yes'

'Good.  Out of the door, line on the left, one scalpel each.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2012, 03:43:59 PM
It was not really a recomendation so much as a box to check. 

'Circumcision?'

'Yes'

'Good.  Out of the door, line on the left, one scalpel each.'

That's how I remember it, too. I will say that it's nice that parents are taking more of an interest in the US on whether or not it's a necessary procedure, and what the long-term affects might be. When my boys were cut, the conversation had only just really started. Now, it's a very serious debate, which is a nice change.

Better that it's seriously considered and openly discussed before the question comes up rather than just an automatic check in a box because Daddy had it done.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 27, 2012, 03:57:48 PM
I will say that it's nice that parents are taking more of an interest in the US on whether or not it's a necessary procedure, and what the long-term affects might be.

Meh parents in the US take an interest in every single aspect to obsessive detail these days.  I have never seen a more ridiculously opinionated group of people before.  There is not one issue, no matter how minute and seemingly mundane, that somebody has not equated some arbitrary position with child abuse or worse.  'OMG you potty trained at 20 months instead of 24 months!  HITLER!!!111'

It never ceases to amaze me what harmless thought I will have that is edgey or countercultural...like wanting to paint my second boys room purple, you know, roman style.  But it seems purple will make him ever confused about his sexuality and gender identity or something. 

'Wow purple it is nice to see somebody bravely taking a stand against societal gender modes'

'Purple!  OMG your son will be confused and he will end up therapy for years.  FOUL LIBERUL ABUSER!'

'um...I just thought it reminded me of the Toga Virilis' :nerd:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."